Chlamydia & Oral Sex
My question is.....How likely is it that I might have caught chlamydia through giving oral sex?

I gave unprotected oral sex to someone and the next day they showed signs of an std. two days later they were diagnosed with chlamydia. We did have intercourse also but used protection. I don't feel a sore throat or any side effects and am wondering if I need to go get tested for chlamydia or should I wait for symptoms? I am pretty sure that I don't have genital chlamydia because I don't have any symptoms of that either but am worried about chlamydia of the throat.
Chlamydia is really not a oral infection. Unless you are having genital symptoms I don`t suggest testing,(since you had protected genital sex.)
they tell to use condom as savety and many have not thought of oral is inclunding. don't use oral sex againt you might give it back to others - and i think this is a part of the epedemy, a big industry for doctors and pharma. no one is telling the true!  
I don't know how it is where you are from, but there is something called malpractice here in the United States.  Please, tell me how doctors benefit by not telling people the truth about their illnesses?  You are entitled to your opinion but before you go judging the entire medical community, you should be able to back your opinions up with some hard cold facts.  

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER:  You might want to trust Dallasfan's word on this one.  He has experience working in the std field.
Thanks for your input. The reason I'm seeking advice also is because I just got tested for everything 2 days prior to this incident and it is sort of a long process for me to go through it all again. I just don't know the risks of getting it through oral sex.
Chlamydia from oral sex is extremely rare.  So, I would not worry too much at this point.  I gave oral sex to the guy that gave me chlamydia.  I never got it orally.
All of this is great information! Thank you for your help!
I've always been told that chlamydia can't live in the throat, If your throat even gets sore, they would just treat it as if its strep or something with antibiotics..
take always precausion, even if rear, and there are other germs. a doctor emphizes a condom but not about oral sex, even kissing is dangerous, this is a failure of awareness and it happened to me and to you. love is very costly nowadays and you know why. there is a lot of lack of communication between who needs help and and the giver. even with money. I know there is a door open to tragedy for....    
I think you should consider talking to a therapist.  You seem to have a lot of trust issues that are more personal than have anything to do with chlamydia or any other std.