Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia 3 years treatment and no ending! Is there a solution?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia 3 years treatment and no ending! Is there a solution?

Hello,

I have a little thing called chlamydia detected aprox. 3 years ago. I went to the doctor and he gave me some antibiotics such as: AZITHROMYCINUM,OFLOXACINUM and the last i took is DOXYCYCLINUM. The partner was treated also but for 6 months or so he is negative for chlamydia. My tests now are confusing; the vaginal chlamydia test is negative (tested in January and April this year) but my blood chlamydia test is still positive:  January (IGA:11.74,IGG:5.88,IGM:11.36 - ELISA/IMMCO) and April (IGA:15.50,IGG:18.34,IGM:2.03 ELISA/IMMCO). I dont know what to do next, since i discovered that i have this chlamydia trachomatis i went to 5 doctors and all are university teachers and well respected doctors. Please help me!!! Is there a way to get this chlamydia out of my body?
Tags: Chlamydia
17 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Chlamydia blood test does not look for an active infection. You don't have chlamydia. Blood test looks for antibodies and might be in your system for years. Again you don't have chlamydia.
Blank
An positive IGA means a current infection and if we look at all (IGA:15.50,IGG:18.34,IGM:2.03) we see possible an reinfection; but the question stands like this: with no sexual contact how can you be reinfected?

Anyhow thank you for your answer.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
You can not be reinfected.

Have a urine or swab test, bet it will be negative.
Blank
Tomorrow i will do these tests and i will prove you wrong unfortunately. Also i discovered that there are 2 other tests for chlamydia: LTT-Chlamydia trachomatis and Chlamydia trachomatis - direct diagnosis PCR - i will see also this tomorrow.  Do you know somthing about these tests?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
No I do not.

Your not going to make medical history as someone who was magically reinfected.
Blank
I just want to see on my tests: NEGATIVE for chlamydia. The antibiotics were very strong, my body changed over these 3 years and frankly speaking my sex life also.
If you search on internet the treatment for this bacteria you will see: " 7 days treatment or 1 unique dose....." lol

Anyhow i hope for the best. Thanks by the way for your support.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Glad to hear you got that negative test result.
Blank
I went today to Synervo clinic and they told me that the urine test can't be done to women, only men; the tests that apply to women are cervix sample and blood. I discovered that i can make the ADN chlamydia test-from cervix and LTT test - T cells with antigen-specific memory -blood sample- these tests are made in Germany/Berlin and the results are back in 10 days.
I made an appointment for Tuesday in order to be tested.

Blank
P.S.: And by the way i didn't get negative to my blood test, at least not yet :)
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Blood test is meaningless.

I am not sure if I can be of help to you anymore because you don't believe what I am telling you.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Blood test only looks for antibodies which your body produces to fight an infection. Chlamydia is not a bloodborn infection so active chlamydia can not be found in the blood.
Blank
Dear Vance,

I am proud to tell you that you were right: i have no chlamydia. In my country there are so many useless doctors that you can imagine.

I am peaceful now and hope to be better from now on.

To think that i had 3 years of my life taken by antibiotics....

Thank you again and sorry for not believing.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
No worries, just good to know all is ok with you.
Blank
2593361_tn?1339755243
hey am also in the same dillema....for 2yrs.anyway 4 me i still have symptoms.i got tested and it came -ve.i still fill i have it.bcoz everytime i wake up in the morning i feel some pain when urinating.

NEED SOME HELP!!!!!
Blank
Hello,

You said you got tested?! Antibodies test like IGG/IGM/IGA or pelvis sample? Are you under treatment? What kind of treatment? Did you partner followed the treatment with you?

There are so many questions...
Blank
2593361_tn?1339755243
They took my urine sample,my recently treatment i was given azithromycin 2grams,i have had no unprotected sex since,i masturbate a lot.We broke with her when i knew i was infected.

Anyway did u have any symptoms in your 3yr dilemma?
Blank
Dear Maninga,

We had no symptoms but we got the infection for sure.

Now we are happy chlamydia free, married and we are planning the baby.

P.S.: In my opinion the decision to separate from your girlfriend was a big mistake. I had the support of my boyfriend-now husband (It is my second sexual experience).

All the best and have a healthy life!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank