Aa
A
A
Close
Chlamydia Blood Test Result
Hello,

I've just had a blood test for Chlamydia. I went to a hospital in Costa Rica, (I had no sypmtoms, but I know that regular HIV and chlamydia tests are a good idea, Ive been having monogumous unprotected sex with my boyfriend for about 8 months) and they gave me a blood test. My results came back with a positive IgM (1.43) result and a negative IgG result (0.663). Having read more on the internet I have discovered that blood tests for Chlamydia are unreliable. Also having read more I have felt like I have had slight lower back ache for some time, and I have had A couple of urinary tract infections. I have had also had bouts of herpes in the past (3 bouts over 3 years). Is this positive result a sure sign of me having Chlamydia? I know that the treatment is an easy course of antibiotics for me and my partner, but the thing I am concerned about is the "if left untreated can cause serious infertilty problems". Does 8 or 9 months count as being left untreated for a long time? Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks
Cancel
4 Answers
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I would just like to add, the more I read on this, the more I am aware that I should not have had a blood test, I am now fully aware of that, however, the main question I am asking is, now with a positive blood test result, should I just go back and demand a swab/ urine test, or should i take the medicationa nd inform my boyfriend?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
going back to ask for the swab test will not hurt, after all you want to be sure before you start a dose of antibiotics. At the same point in time I would advise you to act quickly because 8-9 months is a long time for something like that to be left untreated. An ex of mind passed chlamydia to me and I did not know for 2 months and that was long enough. The antibiotics take care of it quickly. So I definitely say inform the boyfriend of the results and have a swab test done as well.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thankyou for your quick reply.

So how scared about further complications do I need to be???

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I honestly am not sure. I'm sorry that I can't help in that aspect. I know that I was told the sooner the better when it comes to taking care of those things.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
Fleetwood20