Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia Blood Test
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia Blood Test

I live in South Africa and am amazed that the standard, and seemingly exclusive test for chlamydia is a blood test. From what I understand a blood test is the least accurate way of identifying an active infectionj.. I asked 4 different doctors about a urine sample and they seemed nonplussed that I wld suggest such a crazy notion.
Also, the suggested treatment was ciflox 250. Surely that is incorrect. Are South Africans possibly not getting proper diagnoses?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
What ive seen suggested is swab or men as is specific to the urethra opening and urine for women. But also urine for both is ok also and your right about the blood test.
But the thing is that folks seeking medical help for urethra itching and a white discharge they would be treated for what? and if it came back they would treat it again?

The problem would be with those with no symptoms seeking a test just to play safe. They would be the problem esp for women if left untreated.
Blank
Just to comment I have been tested for everything and the way we do our testing here is urine/blood/swabs for a full testing. I am sorry that South Africa is only doing blood tests for you. I would seek another clinic to ensure you are getting the same kind of testing done. I wouldn't mention symptoms to them either but just go in and say you want to be tested for every thing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...