Chlamydia/Gonnorhea Worries
I've got a couple questions regarding Chlamydia and Gonnorhea.  Two years ago, I received unprotected oral sex one time.  I had never noticed any symptoms of either infection, but I was still concerned that I had gotten infected.  So I was tested 6 months later for all STDs including Chlamydia and Gonnorhea, which used the urine analysis with nucleic acid amplification.  All the tests came back negative.  A few weeks ago, I started noticing pain in my penis after urinating and throughout the day and possibly (though hard to tell) a urnie-looking fluid which comes out after I urinate for a bit.  I always have to squeeze to get it all out, but it doesn't really come out on its own, if that makes sense.  It's more viscous than urine though.  I'm married and don't doubt in the least that my wife has been 100% faithful. So I'm totally worried that we passed either chlamydia or gonnorhea back and forth.  I have a few questions.

1. Is six months time too late to detect chlamydia/gonnorhea after exposure?
2. Is it possible that I got infected, then infected my wife and that the chlamydia or gonnorhea cleared up on its own (without taking antibiotics during that period) so that when I got tested it was negative?
3. How long can these two stay in the body particularly without symptoms?
4. Is it possible I don't have an STD and it's something else?  (I really hope so.)

Thanks for the help.
1 - Its never too late.  If you have the infection, it will show on a test.

2 - No, that's too many steps to really be logical.

3 - It can be several months, but men will usually get symptoms within a few weeks of infection if they are going to.

4 - Yes, I'd wonder about prostatitis.  You should see a urologist.

Aj
Thank you for the response.  That helps me out.  I'll go to the doctor and ask about prostatitis.  I'm curious about the urine test.  I've hear that the nucleic acid amplification for detecting chlamydia/gonorrhea is very accurate.  Is that correct?  Also, I've read other places that a doctor needs to take a swab of fluid from the urethra for a diagnostic.  Do you think the urine test is as good as the fluid swab?  What types of things can give a false negative on the urine tests?

Yes, both are good tests.  For a urine test, make sure its been at least an hour since your last urination, and that you give them a first stream sample, meaning you pee the first part in the cup, then the rest in the toilet.

If you've been on antibiotics within the 2 weeks prior to the test, you could get a false negative.

Aj
I wasn't on antibiotics at the time of the test or even 2 weeks or so prior, so that's good.  They actually took two urine samples--the first stream and the second one.  Do you know how long after antibiotics you can get tested and assume a clear result?  Is two weeks enough or do you think 3-4 weeks is better?
Either is fine.

I think you are worrying too much about this.  This happened 2 years ago.  You would have had symptoms of something by now.

You can move on.

Aj
Thanks for the comment.  Now, after reading one of the doctor's comments about gonorrhea infections clearing up after 6 weeks, I got scared again!  In looking thru the old messages in the STD doctors forum one of the doctors commented that gonorrhea clears up in 6 weeks in 50% of males.  Do you know for females how long it can last?  I'm scared that my infection cleared up before the testing, but I passed it to my wife.  
If you had it again, you would have tested positive.  

You are really freaking for no reason.  You would have had symptoms.  Test again if you need peace of mind, but it will be negative.

If you gave it to your wife, you would have it again.

This is guilt - not risk.