Aa
A
A
Close
Chlamydia Pink Eye
I recently had unprotected sex with a girl. She had "pink-eye" in one eye. At the time, I didn't think it was a concern.
Two weeks after I started to develop a "tingle" at end of my penis. When urinating I noticed some discomforf, but not what I was say was "burning".
I checked my urine first thing in the morning and noticed some white strands floating in it.

After doing some internet research I decided that the symptoms must be for Chlamydia.
I started taking doxycyline (2x100mg).
On day 7 of taking the treatment I woke with pink-eye (in both eyes). Other symptoms are fading, but not stopped.

Is it usual for pink-eye to start later than the other symptoms (even if I'm taking medication)?
Could this pink-eye have been caused from accidentally touching my eyes after touching my penis, or from using old eye drop?
Should I extend the treatment for another 10 days? Or take another treatment?
What is the normal timeline for these symptoms to go?
I thought that after taking the medication for 8 days now, the symptoms would have gone. Is this an indication that the treatment isn't working.??
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
207091 tn?1337713093
Maybe its not chlamydia, and why isn't "should I go to the doctor" in your list of questions?

If it is chlamydia in your eye, you need to be seen by a doctor.  I don't know where you are located, but chlamydia in the eye is rare, and shouldn't be self-treated.

Stop taking meds and see your doctor.  If you don't have a doctor, call your local health dept.

Aj
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I live in the UAE, but the unprotected sex happened in Thailand.
Seeing your regular doctor is not that simple here as often medical records are not kept confidential.

I have now been to see a doctor who gave me eye drops, another week supply of doxycyline, and a 1g injection of Togamycin.
He assured me that would clear everything. He did not conduct any tests and said that I should only need a test if I still have symptoms in a week.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
207091 tn?1337713093
Oh good, so you've seen a doctor.  If you do have chlamydia in the eye, the doxy should clear it.

Aj

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Is Togamycin (Spectinomycin Hydrochloride) a good and recommended treatment for gonorrheal infections ?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
207091 tn?1337713093
Yes, that is used for gonorrhea.

Aj
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources