Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia/Prostatitis/OCD....Help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia/Prostatitis/OCD....Help

If anything this post is to just get a little bit of support and honest advice...My story is as follows.

I tested positive for Chlamydia just about a year ago today. I lost my girlfriend to it and it really messed me up in the head. I didn't have OCD until the chlamydia...since then I've honestly thought about it every single day since then. I took the proper treatment and then was retested and tested negative. Since that time i had engaged in a few risky sexual situations....I finally realized I needed to stop putting myself in these situations. So I went to my doctor and had a full std test including blood work and urine. I tested negative for everything, Since then I've had sex a few times but always used a condom.

Heres the main point of my story. During this entire time I've had a "clear sticky urethral discharge" (very small amount, no odor) It only occurs in the morning hours (not always) and almost always after a bowel movement, i assume from my bowel pressing on my prostate. For all I know it's always been there and it took the OCD from the std i caught to notice it..... I went to a urologist and was diagnosed with "Prostatitis" For the most part I'm doing fine, he gave me 3 weeks of doxycycline but i still occasionally get the clear urethral discharge. I'm totally fine with living with a mild prostatitis, it honestly causes me next to no discomfort whatsoever. My concern is that somehow the chlamydia bacteria is still inside me and is causing the prostatitis. In which case i could possibly "spread" it to others...The thought of that plagues me all day long. I've tested negative 3 times for chlamydia and gonorrhea, and also had a full scale std once....My question is that is it possible the tests aren't picking up the Chlamydia? And that it's still in me causing the prostatitis...Why else would I have the inflammed/enlarge prostate problems....

No 3 negative tests would not miss an infection. You do not have chlamydia. You would have to follow up with your Dr on whatelse you could have because it is not a STD.