Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia Test Conclusive?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia Test Conclusive?

I had a sexual encounter where I had unprotected oral sex.  I had a Chlamydia / Gonorrea test (urine sample) 3 days after the encounter, and again 8 days later.  Both tests came back negative.  Are these tests conclusive 8 days after a suspected encounter.  

I am pretty concerned, since I am having scrotal pain, which is a common symptom of Chlamydia.  I went to see my doctor today, and he told me that the urine test would not be conclusive, so he put me on antibiotics.  

Kind of confused by all of this, so any help would be very appreciated.

This discussion is related to Window period and HIV testing questions, am I conclusively negative?.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
WOW a Dr said a urine test at 8 days is not conclusive? Might want to switch Dr's because it is conclusive after 5 days.

Your pain is not associated with chlamydia. Testicular pain can happen but it takes a while for that to possibly happen not just days.
Blank
Thanks so much for the post, Vance.

I thought that I would update this thread with some new info.  

After visiting with my Dr, and being totally freaked that I may have had an undetected STI, I got re-tested for Gono / Chlam again the following morning (17 days post-exposure.)  You can of course guess that the results were negative.

However, I was still experiencing fairly severe testicular pain, so I decided to go and see my urologist for some answers.  He told me that a testicular bacterial infection is not possible after having a vasectomy, therefore antibiotics are not necessary, and my GPs diagnosis was wrong.  He said that my pain is due to a spermatocele, which is a sperm-filled cyst in the testicle, at the top of the epidydimus.  

So, to make a long story short, my GP missed the boat & totally freaked me out that I could have a STI when it was not possible after negative NAAT tests.  

Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
I actually have that same cyst. Mine hurt for a couple of days but with some advil went away.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...