Chlamydia Titer
My partner is from another country where STD screening is not common. Prior to our being intimate, he was tested for HIV and Herpes (both neg.), but not other STDs. When I learned this, I asked him to have more thorough testing, though by that time we had had unprotected intercourse. Because he is asymptomatic, the doctors in his city would only give blood tests. Thus, he had a chlamydia antibody titer (apparently uncommon here). It came back with the results: chlamydia Thrac. IgG: 1.5, and IgA: 0.4. We have not been able to get satisfactory feedback re the meaning of these indicators. We don't know if this simply means he was exposed to the bacteria at one time or if he is at risk (and now me) of a current infection. Can you please translate these test results and advise? Thanks.
I don't know about those blood tests for chlamydia.  If you are up for it, you might want to post this in the stds expert's forum (which you can find the link for on the right side of this page.)

It does cost $15, and I'm sorry for that, but I'd hate to give you an incorrect answer.

Aj
I will try to give you some feedback on your question. Serology testing as a way to screen for Chlamydia are very non- specific as there are other species of Chlamydia that cause respiratory illnessthat can cross react with these tests. Elisa tests used widely have a poor specificity for the Chlamydia that causes genital disease. Even attempts to improve specificity by using an altered antigen of Chlamydia are still not very specific. Serum antibody tests are at best a research tool, although they are available to patients treated in STD clinics. In summary, don`t rely on serum tests to diagnose occult Chlamydia. The best screen is still direct testing with culture or PCR tests on genital secretions. Take care.