Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia and Azithromycin

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia and Azithromycin

I had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago and roughly a week and a half later I developed a discharge from my penis. In the early morning when I wake up the discharge appears to be like a little drop of milk and then clearer/watery throughout the day. There is a slight tingle pressure barely discernible when I first start to urinate that could easily be overlooked had I not noticed the discharge. This went on for about two days so I suspected a possible STD infection and went to my local health clinic. I explained my situation and they suspected Chlamydia. They gave me 2x 500mg of Azithromycin to be taken as a single dose. They told me to abstain from sex for 7 days and then sent me on my way. I did find it a bit odd that they did not test me but they seemed convinced it was Chlamydia. I took the medication as directed 5 days ago and I have yet to see relief from these symptoms. I have not engaged in any sexual activity other than masturbation.

Here are my questions...
1) Do you agree with the health clinic that this is likely Chlamydia?
2) How effective is the treatment they gave me?
3) Is it normal to still have symptoms 5 days after taking the antibiotic?

I appreciate any help/advice you can give. Thanks
1. That would be my guess but testing should have been done
2. Correct medication
3. It can be up to 2 weeks for all symptoms to stop but symptoms should see improvement at this point.
Should I go back to the clinic for testing or is testing going to be inaccurate at this point?
Inaccurate at this point due to the medication. It takes 3-4 weeks after medication for any valid testing to be done.