Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia and HIV worry
About This Community:

This is a patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia and HIV worry

Hello,

At the end of July I had unprotected sexual intercourse twice with a male (I am female). There was no ejaculation. Within a few days of the encounter, I developed symptoms of a UTI. I went to my Dr for a urine test, and she confirmed a UTI. I went on 3 days of antibiotics, and felt better. Two weeks later, I developed symptoms of a UTI again, however, this time it was MUCH more painful and there was blood in my urine. I went back on antibiotics, and while the symptoms stopped, I still felt generally unwell. I went back to my Dr, who then tested for bacteria in my urine, as well as Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. I tested positive for Chlamydia, and am now on 10 days of antibiotics.

My partner says that he was tested prior to our sexual encounter for Chlamydia, and he tested negative. I think he's lying, since I haven't been with anyone else since Oct. 2011. Is there a chance that I could have contracted the Chlamydia from my sexual partner in October and I was asymptomatic in my body for 9 months?

Also, my current sexual partner told me he got an HIV test in December 2011, which was negative and I have been his only unprotected sexual partner since then. Again, I'm not sure I believe he even got the test.

I just generally feel unwell. I'm tired and achy, and I'm not sure if it's the fact that I have been on antibiotics for about a month (off and on), or if it's something more serious. I have headaches, but I'm not sure if that's the antibiotics (I'm prone to migraines). I don't have a sore throat, fever, or swollen glands, but my body is hurting and just generally doesn't feel right. I have pain in my tailbone and rectum, as well as a burning feeling in my lower legs. As I said, there was no ejaculation in our sexual encounter, but there may have been pre-ejaculation, but I'm nervous I could have something more serious. Do you think I should get an HIV test? Or is it too soon? The unprotected sex was at the end of July.

Thank you.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HIV is 3 months post exposure...more info on HIV post in the HIV forum.

Chlamydia is possible to come from the exposure 9 months ago, but more likely recent exposure based on symptoms.

I suggest you start using condoms until partners test (not 3 months ago) but test with you and at least 3 months into a committed relationship.
Blank
Thank you for your response Vance2335. I will not be intimate with that person again, and will be getting my HIV test next week. I'm nervous, but I know testing is for the best.
Blank
I just wanted to report that I had all my STD tests done and all came back negative. Thanks again for your help and support on this forum, it has been very appreciated.
Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
Fleetwood20
Blank
kapster1978
Gent, Belgium