Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia and HIV worry

This is a patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia and HIV worry

At the end of July I had unprotected sexual intercourse twice with a male (I am female). There was no ejaculation. Within a few days of the encounter, I developed symptoms of a UTI. I went to my Dr for a urine test, and she confirmed a UTI. I went on 3 days of antibiotics, and felt better. Two weeks later, I developed symptoms of a UTI again, however, this time it was MUCH more painful and there was blood in my urine. I went back on antibiotics, and while the symptoms stopped, I still felt generally unwell. I went back to my Dr, who then tested for bacteria in my urine, as well as Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. I tested positive for Chlamydia, and am now on 10 days of antibiotics.

My partner says that he was tested prior to our sexual encounter for Chlamydia, and he tested negative. I think he's lying, since I haven't been with anyone else since Oct. 2011. Is there a chance that I could have contracted the Chlamydia from my sexual partner in October and I was asymptomatic in my body for 9 months?

Also, my current sexual partner told me he got an HIV test in December 2011, which was negative and I have been his only unprotected sexual partner since then. Again, I'm not sure I believe he even got the test.

I just generally feel unwell. I'm tired and achy, and I'm not sure if it's the fact that I have been on antibiotics for about a month (off and on), or if it's something more serious. I have headaches, but I'm not sure if that's the antibiotics (I'm prone to migraines). I don't have a sore throat, fever, or swollen glands, but my body is hurting and just generally doesn't feel right. I have pain in my tailbone and rectum, as well as a burning feeling in my lower legs. As I said, there was no ejaculation in our sexual encounter, but there may have been pre-ejaculation, but I'm nervous I could have something more serious. Do you think I should get an HIV test? Or is it too soon? The unprotected sex was at the end of July.

Thank you.
HIV is 3 months post exposure...more info on HIV post in the HIV forum.

Chlamydia is possible to come from the exposure 9 months ago, but more likely recent exposure based on symptoms.

I suggest you start using condoms until partners test (not 3 months ago) but test with you and at least 3 months into a committed relationship.
Thank you for your response Vance2335. I will not be intimate with that person again, and will be getting my HIV test next week. I'm nervous, but I know testing is for the best.
I just wanted to report that I had all my STD tests done and all came back negative. Thanks again for your help and support on this forum, it has been very appreciated.