Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia and cervicitis.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia and cervicitis.

Hello. I recently went to the clinic to have some tests done and it came back that I had cervicitis but I was negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea. I was given one dose of Zithromax. I had a lot of questions but since I have no insurance they usually just push me out the door. I read online that if you're given Zithromax for cervicitis it's usually to cure chlamydia. So my question is, why was I given Zithromax if I don't have chlamydia? Can you please help me? I would just like some straight answers for once. Thank you in advance.
Unfortunately, we cannot tell you why you were given zithromax.  Only the issuing provider can. I can tell you that I have chronic cervicitis and zithromax did nothing to help.  Neither did Metrogel, which is what my doctor prescribed me.