Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia by Kissing

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia by Kissing

Is there anyone that got infected Chlamydia in throat by just kissing? (in the member or in any medical research status??)

I see "NO" and "Possible" on many of the post and answers, but I wanted to know if there was anyone with the experience. (The problem is that many people tends to ask question when worried and waiting on the text result and not actually come back to the post to let us know how the result went...:<)

I am worried myself for contracting Chlamydia by french kissing a sex worker (no sexual intercourse).

This site is very informative and helpful. Thank you for being there for people like me.
No, it is not possible.
Thank you Vance2335
If possible, could you explain why? or what are the actual condition for Chlamydia to be passed on. The guys without much knowledge like me go on thinking that if one deep kisses someone WHO HAS a Chlamydia in throat, may possibly be infected in his/her throat as well.

We tend to think that anything that goes to mouth can be touching throat (saliva, bacteria so on) and can be infected because you swallow them? Hence by kissing.

I guess it's "theoretically possible but rare?".

Chlamydia in penis or vigina (vagina) is more common because they are contacted more deep in throat and involves semen or vaginal fluid that are contaminated going and actually touching the back of one's throat? But saliva that passed by kissing shouldn't matter?

The thing is I am being tested (now waiting on result) for HIV and Chlamydia and main reason is just to clear my health status. But more reason is that doctor recommended and includes any possibility on my experience.
The thing is i didn't have sex, I had a hand job by a sex worker, I fingered her, and kissed her, and with all this, the doctor says I should be tested for HIV and Chlamydia...
I guess to be 100% sure, I should be tested but I think doctor here exaggerate rare possibility to "very much possible" just to get people tested. They just don't rule out the possibility not even no one has ever been contracted that way.. may be.

What do you think?
I very much appreciate if you could share your knowledge on this.
Thank you.

Hello. Thanks for your question. If ,as you read this page, you pan your vision to the right on this page, you will see a column of related tags. Within that column you can see a link on oral sex and stds. Click on that link and you can find over 150 disscussions that may help with your question. Some come from the doctors in the expert forum. Happy reading.
Thank you both for commenting on my concerns.
I did go and have the test for throat chlamydia and did get NEGATIVE on my result.

Very happy about that and at the same time, I do apologize for too many questions. As you probably understand, and I do get it from reading what you suggested on above that most of my concern came from my mental state rather than facts like most of the people who visits here and try to get a piece of comfort while in worrying or waiting on the test result.

You guys who help out probably do get tired of us coming with full of "what if" questions, questions that's been answered thousands of times and endless concerns, but believe us you are helping us SO MUCH for giving us direct answers coming from your experiences and knowledge.

I know I was worrying needlessly in mostly but my beginning of worrying came from the doctor I saw whom just listed all the "theoretically possible STD" to me and said "well, can't say it for sure until you get them tested", even though what I actually did to me was very little risk, and from this site "NO risk".

But the thing I did was out of my normal doing and on top of that, I have a family and which doing this sexual experience outside of marriage was shameful alone and bringing home STD was just so out of what I can take.
Adding to that the doctor suggestion did spark all my worries to my head instantly.
I did feel very depressed and lonely in the situation till I found this site. It was very informative and helpful.

So Thank you thank you thank you.
You helped me a lot and million others.
Will not repeat same mistake again, and thank you for being here for us.