Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia false positive?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia false positive?

My girlfriend is currently 38wks pregnant. In previous wks she's tested positive for GBS and has had yeast infections. She's been medicated for the yeast infection but it seems to come back. Other than that all test have come back negative. She now goes for checkups every week. At her last checkup she was being monitored for preeclampsia.A few days later her doc says her results came back positive for chlamydia. Im not sure which test was administered.

I haven't stepped outside the relationship and I doubt she has.
The doc gave her a prescription but for 2 packets of the powder. 1 for me and 1 for her. She took hers the same day and I went and got tested the next day. Waiting on my results but as of now the relationship is ruined.
Could all the other issues somehow altered the results.
I dobt know too much but I've been told yeast infections in pregnancy are pretty common.
Good luck!
I've been told they are. I believe the obgyn told her even though shes taking meds for the yeast infection because so much is going in her body that it wil come back. I believe at 1 point they thought she had a yeast infection but it wasn't. The medication she took actually gave her a yeast infection after it cleared up whatever it was she had.
Is it then safe to assume on some level the chlamydia test was a false positive?
The only thing u can do to be sure it was a false positive is to get her to test again ..the test for chlamydia is pretty specific meaning it usually won't detect the chlamydia bacteria unless its present ...two positives would be more than reassuring to u ..put your mind at ease and retest ,also if ur results come back positive in the mean time you have your answer ..as far as yeast infections go its extremely common in pregnant woman especially late pregnancy extra moisture heat and hormones give yeast infections the perfect environment...take care and keep us posted sorry couldn't help more ...
Wait a second you're talking about group b strep ?? Not chlamydia ?? Group b is found in lots of people usually in their digestive tracts but also can be found in the vagina ..its a routine test done on every woman right before she gives birth ..group b is rather calming and I think it'll do u some good to Google it ..its something that you or her have carried for awhile ..Google it ...
I was talking about chlamydia specifically. She took the meds already as to not harm the baby so a retest is not possible.
I've been googling everything and checking older forums on here and it seems this issue is common enough to raise some eyebrows. Anyway thank you for your insight
False positive is possible, have you tested?
I tested the next day. How long should it take to get the results?
Can take up to 2 weeks.
Got my results back today. They were negative.
False positive is more likely now with your negative results.