Chlamydia from Receiving a Blowjob
Dear Doctor Handsfield,

First of all I would like to say thanks.  There is so much misinformation out there, or overinformation regarding STDs that it's no wonder people are winding up with panic and anxiety disorder when trying to figure out what their chances are of having contracted an STD.

At any rate, my situation:

I visited a female sex worker about six weeks ago, where I received fellatio but did not engange in any other activities.  After the fact (and after sobering up), I'm a little worried about having contracted different STDs.

I have had no symptoms.  Over the past few days I think that I have experienced a slight sensitivity in the end of my penis while urinating, but I'm willing to chalk this up to something psychosomatic (this only happens when I'm thinking about it, and not, for example, when I just wake up in the morning and am still groggy from sleep).  Please comment on this.

About three weeks ago I took an antibiotic called Josamycin (brand name Josalid; I live in Europe so I don't know if it exists in the states) for a week for a sinus infection.

My question on this:  if I did have chlamydia, would this have killed it?  I did consume alcohol on 2 separate occasions during that week, sorry to say, to still my nerves.

Thanks very much in advance and please keep on doing what you are doing.  You are a light of reason on the internet.

I don't know enough about that med to say whether it will cure chlamydia, but chlamydia is at best, very rarely transmitted by oral sex.

If you are concerned about stds from this encounter, why not just test?

Oh and Dr. H doesn't read this forum.  If you want to post for his response, you should post in the std experts forum.

Aj