Chlamydia or PID what difference?
I had an affair. I began showing symptoms that I didn't know where symptoms as I have been happily married for 20 years and am clueless on these things. I need to know if a few these are symptoms:

1) I am over forty so I assumed a missed period wasn't abnormal for me. Does this mean chlamydia or PID? I missed 2 periods (starting with 6 weeks after first exposure to this man)
2) lower back pain has been present for about 3 weeks(started 6 weeks after first exposure), dismissed this one too as I lift furniture daily for my work.
3) the one that got me to the doctor was thick yellow (not cloudy) discharge about 2 months after first encounter.
4) this is one I really want to know if was a symptom. I have been celebate for 3 years in my 20 year marriage and thought the hypersexuality I was experiencing was pschological, now I think it could have been my body trying to rinse out this infection he gave me. Have you ever heard of this? Increased moisture from the disease?
5) thought that the pain AFTER urination and frequent urination was due to bladder infection would have never thought STD.

Being smart and stupid at the same time is quite humbling. Is PID treatment different than chlamydia treatment? My doctor did a blood test, urine and pap (think he is testing for everything). I havent gotten back my results yet. Is there a separate test for PID or is it just really bad chlamydia? He gave me doxycycline for 10 days (on day 3 now), should this be enough if I had the infection for say 11 weeks (if got it on first encounter)? And how do I know if course of treatment is effective? Do we retest in a certain period of time? How long ? Also since my wonderful boss gave me something (presume chlamydia) how long do I wait to test again for HIV assuming the first one comes back neg (last contact with this man was 8 weeks ago)?
Yes hubby is being treated too before you ask and no didnt get it from him, gave it to him cause apparently this man knew he had it and was afraid to tell me.

Thx

You don't mention a pregnancy test.  Has that happened?
GOOD POINT! Thinking about it, that is a real possibility. Well spotted Jess.
No, it's probably diet related. So how did your husband take it when you told him?