Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia related bacteria similar to any other bacteria?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Is the bacteria that is diagnosed as Chlamydia similar to any other bacteria that can be mistaken in the results for chlamydia? My husband is ready to end our marrige (for me cheating) and I did not do anything, no sex with anyone else, I am starting to think that I am going insane because everyone says you could have only gotten it through sex, I know I did not have sex with anyone else. Help!
No, chlamydia wouldn't be mistaken that way.  There are certain bacteria that cause things like bacterial vaginosis, and that bacteria looks very different under a scope.

If you have chlamydia, and you know you didn't cheat, then you got it from your husband.

AJ
Just my two cents - since I just went through this myself.  There are a few strains of chlamydia that can be passed by inhalation.  This can cause the STD to form.  I was a wreck until our specialist explained this very important detail.

Of course, this isn't as common, but it is possible.  It's a shame that relationships can be ruined because this isn't explained to people better.
This isn't true.

There are different forms of chlamydia bacteria, and there is one that can be spread the way you describe.  That would cause pneumonia, though, not a genital infection.

The std test would identify ONLY the type that causes a genital infection, chlamydia trachomatis.  If you had a chlamydia blood test, it doesn't specify which chlamydia bacteria you've had, and it might be the chlamydia pneumoniae bacteria.  Blood tests for chlamydia shouldn't be done as part of an std screening.

AJ
Did Sera777 mention how the dx came about?  Are you sure it wasn't from a blood test?  If not, then it's very possible that it is another strain.  This is my sole point.

The original question was is Chlamydia similiar to any other bacteria.  The answer should be yes.

When my dh got the initial dx, it was our first assumption as well.  Now I know it's not the case.  

Im going through this, can you please tell me more and please help me get more info about this.

Im going crazy about this issue
sos2012, if you have a question then start a new thread