Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia suspicion; please help!!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia suspicion; please help!!!

I've been having sex with a sex worker in my area for the last 3 months, on a fairly regular basis. We never had unprotected vaginal intercourse, but each time I saw her, she performed unprotected oral sex on me. Last time I saw her was about 3 weeks ago, and a few days ago I noticed a thick yellowish-white discharge coming from the tip of my penis. At times this was very constant and didn't seem to stop. I finally went to a clinic on the fifth day after noticing this, and they prescribed me 2000mg Azythromicin, which I was advised to take as a single dose, they took blood and urine samples, and told me I will be contacted with the results next week. I had a burning sensation for those five days during urination, but since I took the antibiotics, it stopped, as has the discharge.

My question is: how common is it for someone to get Chlamydia through unprotected oral sex? I understand the receiver is more at risk than the person performing the act, but am very worried this may have complications for me.  I have notified her that I am having a discharge and am getting tested for any possible STI's, and that my doctor was sure this was Chlamydia.
Hi and welcome. Its not that common and oral sex is considered low risk but people do win the lottery.
If you have a discharge before urinating and burning or itching in your urethrea then your doc is probably right as those are the symptoms and occur about 6 days or so after exposure/
Thanks for the reply, Life360!

For me, the symptoms showed up about 2 weeks after my last encounter with her. I noticed she had a cough, and stupidly enough, I still stayed with her for the time that I booked. She performed aggressive deepthroat on me, and now I realize that during this process, my member made contact with her mucous membranes, which is probably what triggered the infection. I told her about it and urged her to get tested. I don't think she will. I thought the discharge has stopped entirely, but there is still a little bit of it every now and then. Guess I kind of jumped the gun when I noticed it was calming down. Better give it some more time, and go for a follow-up next week.
Keep in touch will be interesting to know the outcome
Life360
I got prescribed suprax (400mg) today. I have a penicillin allergy (severe), and notified the farmacist. He assured me I can safely take Suprax, and not worry about anything except for possibility of severe diarrhea, stomach discomfort, and possible drowsiness.

Follow up urine sample will need to be given in 6 weeks time. The doctor told me there is 0.01 percent chance this won't be cured, so I think I'm safe now. I was also told that I came in for testing just on time, but if I waited one week longer, I could have ended up with a non-specific GUI. Test results showed no sign of urinary infection, but were positive for Gonorrhea. I just took the suprax tablet (one time dosage), and will follow up with the clinic in 6 weeks time.

Thank you for your input!
Good that they figured out your problem. Ive had it myself before and is very common these days. Its good you were concerned and followed up for your health safty.
Always use a condom untill you meet that special person and can have safe sex.
They took a huge urine sample, and a sizeable blood sample too (50ml). So I knew they would get me back on the track of wellness.

Again, thank you so much for your response bud! It's really appreciated :).