Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia symptoms years later
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia symptoms years later

Here's the situation.  My boyfriend and I started dating April 2004.  Prior to this, I had been in a couple situations where I didn't use a condom - the most recent one perhaps about 4-6 months before we had started dating.  I had never been tested for an STD at any point, but had a bit of a chronic discharge that I didn't give much thought and I had written it off to a yeast infection.

Around October 2005 (after having unprotected sex for a year and a half), my boyfriend started seeing some symptoms, including burning when he urinated.  Upon going to the doctor with these complaints, the doctor tested him and he found out that he had chlamydia.  So I went and got tested and found out that I too had chlamydia.  We were both treated and cleared.  He said that he had been tested before our relationship began and was clean so it must have been me who had been infected first and subsequently infected him.  I accepted this as I knew I had never been tested and that chlamydia can be a silent disease.

However, we have trust issues in our relationship, and time and time again, we argue about this situation and he is convinced that I must have cheated at some point in 2005 and then contracted the STD and passed it on to him.  I assure you I have been 100% faithful and I believe deep down that he has been too and we are arguing for no reason, except a bad situation.

I was wondering though for medical and expert opinions on if my situation as explained above is possible.  Is it possible that I could have brought chlamydia into the relationship and he wouldn't have had a symptom until a year and a half later?

Any help would be great.  I just want some sort of proof to show him so we can stop digging up old issues for no reason!  Thanks!