Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia test false negative?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia test false negative?

Can the test they give you at the STD clinic possibly be a false negative?  I went in to be tested for STDs because my husband had an affair, a 14 month affair and never used protection ONCE! (Dork!)

I have had recurring vaginal infections for the last year or so that just kept coming back and the last one right before I got tested was TERRIBLE!  Like nothing I have ever had in my life!  When the nurse heard my symptoms, including my lower back pain and the intermittant bleeding between periods (which is SO not like me), she was SURE I had Chlamydia and treated me presumptively with 2 Zithromax, I believe.  She said we would not know conclusively until the culture or whatever test came back.

When the test came back, ALL my tests were negative.  Even chlamydia.  We were SURE I had chlamydia.  I am stumped!

What is going on with my body!?  The antibiotic worked, but now my infection is coming back and I haven't even been with my husband because we are separated, living in two separate states.  I have continued to have occasional spotting or sometimes dark discharge and it is getting worse again, along with all the other symptoms, including the lower back pain, particularly on the left side.  I have had this low back pain for several months in fact, since last summer, off and on.

Could I have Chlamydia and the test have been a false negative and the antibiotice just did not knock it out?  I have been known to be extremely resistant to antibiotics in the past, so it would not surprise me.  I have been battling vaginal infections for years, but nothing like what I've been dealing with in the last year, since his affair.

Anyone have any ideas?????

Also:  I got a RAGING infection right after our honeymoon that left me with severe vaginal pain during intercourse for years after that.  Could I have contracted Chlamydia from my husband as far back as our honeymoon 13 years ago and been battling these redurring infections (chlamydia) all this time?  I have never been tested for it before now.  It took us 5 years to get preganant, even without birth control, and then another 2 years after that for our second.  We had never used birth control.