Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia treatment and oral sex
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia treatment and oral sex

I (22 YO female) tested positive for chlamydia via a cervix swab test last week. I took a one-time dose of Azithromycin as prescribed by my doctor 2 days ago. I informed my partner (27 YO male) about this, he is getting tested today. It's extremely likely that he has it as well, as we had unprotected vaginal sex 1 month ago. I am visiting him this weekend, and my doctor said it would be fine to has vaginal sex with a condom, but I forgot to ask about oral sex.

I've read quite a bit in here about chlamydia and oral sex, and it seems that you can't transmit chlamydia through cunnilingus, and it's possible but extremely rare to transmit it through fellatio. I am not sure if my partner will have gotten the test results back by then, so he will likely not have taken the medication yet. Would it be safe for me to give partner unprotected oral sex this weekend? If there is any risk of him reinfecting me, I think we'll skip it or use protection.

Thank you for your answers!