Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia vs Bacterial Vaginitis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia vs Bacterial Vaginitis

I was diagnosed with chlamydia on 5/18 my bf at the time tested positive for it as well. On 5/20 we both got treated and took a one time medication that is supposed work within 7-10 days. On the 4th or 5th day of taking our medication we had intercourse with condom but realized that it broke. I know very irresponsible. Since then I returned to doctors office for follow up check ups. I got tested again on 07/01, 07/23, 8/16. All negative for chlamydia! Also on my 8/16 app my doctor took 2 cultures 1 for trich and one for vaginal yeast infect both on the spot tested negative. I have been having on and off pelvic pain and most frequently this past Wednesday so I decided to go to a different doctor and get checked again. I advised my doctor of all of the above and she decided to do a pap and re-test for chlamydia and all other stds. When she was looking inside she said she saw a white heavy discharge and that she believed it might be chlamydia and/or bacterial vaginosis. She is leaning more towards chlamydia because of the fact that I have had it in the past and that the discharge does not have a foul smell. I am freaking out!! Could it be that all 3 test I took be wrong for chlamydia? Is that possible? If so what could have caused my chlamydia test to be negative all 3 times and now all of a sudden it comes up as a possibility. Please advise. My doctor ended up giving Metronidazole 500 mg to treat the possible BV.

Thank you for you'r time
it is likely to have a false negative but I highly doubt you had 3 false negatives are you still with the same partner? I would honestly wait for the results, you don't want to jump the gun.