Aa
A
A
Close
Chlamydia vs Bacterial Vaginitis
I was diagnosed with chlamydia on 5/18 my bf at the time tested positive for it as well. On 5/20 we both got treated and took a one time medication that is supposed work within 7-10 days. On the 4th or 5th day of taking our medication we had intercourse with condom but realized that it broke. I know very irresponsible. Since then I returned to doctors office for follow up check ups. I got tested again on 07/01, 07/23, 8/16. All negative for chlamydia! Also on my 8/16 app my doctor took 2 cultures 1 for trich and one for vaginal yeast infect both on the spot tested negative. I have been having on and off pelvic pain and most frequently this past Wednesday so I decided to go to a different doctor and get checked again. I advised my doctor of all of the above and she decided to do a pap and re-test for chlamydia and all other stds. When she was looking inside she said she saw a white heavy discharge and that she believed it might be chlamydia and/or bacterial vaginosis. She is leaning more towards chlamydia because of the fact that I have had it in the past and that the discharge does not have a foul smell. I am freaking out!! Could it be that all 3 test I took be wrong for chlamydia? Is that possible? If so what could have caused my chlamydia test to be negative all 3 times and now all of a sudden it comes up as a possibility. Please advise. My doctor ended up giving Metronidazole 500 mg to treat the possible BV.

Thank you for you'r time
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
652407 tn?1300740799
it is likely to have a false negative but I highly doubt you had 3 false negatives are you still with the same partner? I would honestly wait for the results, you don't want to jump the gun.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
Fleetwood20