Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia

I was recently diagnosed with Chlamydia. I was with my boyfriend for a little over a year. When we first started dating he mentioned something about his ex girlfriend being diagnosed with Chlamydia but that she was treated and it cleared up. He is in the military and often gets tested, and all of his tests have came out negative. We separated and he left to NY for 3 months. When he got back in town we got back together. I started having abnormal discharge with odor and went to see a gynecologist. I was first dx with Bacterial Vaginosis, then later a yeast infection, and after much worry I got an exam for STD (Chlamydia and Trichinosis(?).  Chlamydia came out positive. Last week I took a one time pill, Azyth...something. My bf says he had sex with another girl while we were separated but that he used protection. He said back then when his ex gf was dx with chlamydia he went to get tested but that he only had a UTI and got medicated. My question is, 1.Could I have had Chlamydia this entire time we were together and not have any symptoms until now? Because I have read that this STD often doesn't show symptoms until much later. 2. Can u get an STD if you used protection? 3. Is it possible that I have another STD? I ask bc the NP told me I should get other STD testing bc it's likely I have another... 4. If it is likely I have another, I would assume I need to get the STD testing done right away but If i get one say tomorrow, would me having Chlamydia right now affect the results of another STD? Or should I just wait for the 3 month check up and get checked for everything then? It seems like such a long time to put off an STD exam if im not sure I have another STD aside from Chlamydia. I just don't want the STD to advance throughout this 3-month-wait in case I do happen to  have something else... Please help...
1. Yeah it's possible but if he never had symptoms I would say unlikely.
2. Yes but no. Condoms work but if not used correctly or breaks then yes.
3. I would say no, but I would test for everything to make sure
4. If your not on any medication then testing is fine and show up for everything. I would get tested now.
I took a one-time medication called Azyth...something, don't remember the entire name. But I was told it was a one time pill and would stay in my body for 7 days. I took it exactly one week ago, last Monday. Is it okay to test for any other STD now, or should I wait a bit more so that this medication won't affect the results?
I recommend waiting 2 weeks after medication