Chlaymedia and pregnant
My husband and I met in Oct of 2011 and married in Dec 2011. I tested negative for Chlamydia and all other STDS in Feb of 2012 but tested positive for BV. I was treated for BV.
We were together at this time only 4 months.

In January 2013 I am now testing positive for Chlamydia. He has gone to extremes to prove he has not cheated.... of course, how can he prove he has not.

Please help me  to shed some light on this. I am desperate and searched everywhere for any answer.
IS it at all possible that I tested negative last year  and had it? Could it have been a false negative because we were only together 4 months when I was tested first time and did not build up enough bacteria to test postive (nurse suggested this) and/or my body cured itself and it did not show up and then he (never being treated) gave it to me again during this past year, therefore I test poitive last month.??  Please forgive my ignorance. This is just something that is very concerning to me
These are good questions I do not personally have the answer to. I can comment that I personally feel like more information needs to be exchanged between my doctor and my positive chlamydia test.

What are the possibilities, in terms of the duration of my infection? How exactly does this work, most of what I read on the web says that symptoms show up in 2-3 weeks, but with my case it maybe was 12 weeks, is that possible? And when exactly does this infection start to impact women's reproductive health- if someone has had it for 6 weeks or would they need to have it for a year?

All of these are big question marks on my end.  Good luck with your seeking out answers. I am a single woman in her 20s, but am also struggling to find out which of my two partners gave it to me-- both are denying it.
He can't really prove that he did not and you can't prove he did. In this case there is no way to tell if maybe you got a false positive (possible when done with an annual exam), or if he had this STD and gave it to you more recently.

He should test if he has not medicated. If he tests positive then you know that your infection is more recent but will not tell you if he cheated or had this coming into the relationship.

You would not have had this since last time you tested and nor would he. I would bet false positive.