Chlamydia Community
Complications after Chlamydia treatment

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Complications after Chlamydia treatment

I was treated for chlamydia in feb of this year.  I was infected with it for 6 weeks.  I took zithromax 1g to treat it.  I was also tested for gonorrhea and that came back negative.  I have been tested for HIV as well and I'm negative. Even after my treatment for chlamydia, I still am having some irritation in my vaginal area.  I only fill this irritation after my menstrual cycle.  I have never had this problem before until I caught chlamydia.  I had a pap smear in January and that was normal.  Do you have any idea what could be wrong?  I have not been sexually active since I have been treated for chlamydia in feburary.  The irritation feels like a slight burning sensation and sometimes even itchy.  I also have been checked for BV and trichomonas, everything is negative.  I'm curious and wondering what is going on.  Should I consider getting another pap smear? What could this irritation be?
What about a yeast infection... have you tested for that ?
I would advise getting a follow up test for Chlamydia, you could have had a false neg.
Or this could just be an irritation. I would see your GYN just to be sure.
I had a follow-up test last month and it came back negative.  I had a yeast infection just before my appt. and had been taking Diflucan, I was checked for yeast and I was all clear.  Thanx for the advice, cause I will arrange for another pap smear just to be sure if I'm okay and will inform them of my problem.  I know its something because I never had this problem until I caught this STD.
Well I too had irritation after being treated for chlamydia and thought I had it for months because of this irritation and it took a few visits to figure it out. But I got four follow up test and all neg. so if you do get a neg. follow up I suggest believing your results =)
Makes life so much better.

Good luck and let us know how things go.
I spoke to you two weeks ago about complications I had after being treated for chlamydia.  I had been having itching and irritation after my menstrual cycles.  Turns out it was a yeast infection.  After waiting a couple of days I knew what it was.  I went to the clinic today and got a pap smear, I also spoke with the nurse practitioner regarding me catching yeast infections after each menstrual cycle.  I did inform her that this isn't normal for me and that I onle began cating these yeast infections after I caught chlamydia.  She told me its more than likely from the anitibiotics I took for the chlaymdia treatment.  She told me to take acidophilus tablets twice a day for two to three months and see how that works.  So I will begin taking those today.  I sure hope this helps.