Chlamydia Community
Confused

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Confused

I tested positive for chlamydia about a month ago and received 2 rounds of zithro (1 gram) as well as 1 g of Cipro. The symptoms seemed to clear up and a negative test was obtained 3 weeks later. I have began to feel symptoms again and am confused because I have not had any sexual encounters since diagnosis. Could this be a false negative test and possible re-infection?
Hi and welcome. What symtoms (symptoms) are you having and if a discharge is it white or clear?
Mostly just sensitivity of the urethra and the tip. The discharge has been gone since the first round of zithro
Are you doing a lot of touching and checking? The cly bug is a nasty little thing and actually caused a sore in your urethra and also a lot of nerves running through the entire shaft. Could be still healing.
Yes I have been actually. I tend to worry about these types of things and think about it too much
So stop touching and let it heal. If the bug went untreated for a while the sore could be a good one and gets irritated from peeing.
Good luck
I have the same symptom like you.  I was first treat 1gram of zithromycin.  2 weeks later it came back.  I have to retreat it over again.  one more 1 gram of zithromycin and docycline for 14 days.  I feel better but still have the sticky clear fluid whyn bowel movement.  once it dropped on the toilet.  I could see the scattering of the sticky fluid floating.  The aching of my prostate is better now.  I got re-infected again from my wife who was treat one gram of Zithromycin.  One dose is not fully cure the bug.  It has to be 2 or three dosages.  
When I got the Chlamydia, i saw clusters like cheese as well as my wife from discharge at first.  THis bug is very very nasty.  I had in since January 2012.  Now my wife and I still in the blue moon.  the pain is not there anymore, but it comes and go.  the trouble is that we have a lot of joint pain(kness, toes and ankle), very hot on the lower legs that we have to uncover it at night.  We have so much reaction and muscle spasm.  For me, the abdominal and hip muschle pain. I do not know if the chlamydia is still present.  We went back to see urologist many few times and tested but came back negative.  I do not know what is going on with us anymore.  See if you know anything too or experience any similar like us.  email me at ***@****
That sounds way worse than I have. I went back to the doctor and got 14 days of doxy. Doctor didn't seem too concerned said symptoms can linger and can be in your head.