Chlamydia Community
Contagious after treatment?

This is a patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Contagious after treatment?

Hi, so I know to be on the safe side, the doctor says to abstain from sexual activity for a full 7 days after taking Azythromycin (sp?) to treat Chlamydia.  They say this is largely because of the risk of you and your partner re-infecting each other.

So, I am wondering if, after I take my single dose of 1000 mg of Azythromycin, can I have sex with a partner with no STDs and not infect him?  We went to the clinic together to get tested before ever having sex, so we are 100% sure he doesn't have anything.  Am I contagious for that full 7 days?  Or is it safe to, say, wait only 4-5 days?

I'd appreciate any help or guidance you can offer!  Thanks!

Chloe
Wait the 7 days like they told you to.