Chlamydia Community
Contraction/Symptom Timeframe

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Contraction/Symptom Timeframe

I have been dating a girl for 7 weeks and sexually active for 5.5 of those weeks, unprotected.  3 days ago she thought she had a UTI but turns out it is Chlamydia.
I got tested and I am negative.  
So, what are the chances she had this coming into the relationship since I read a lot of people don't show signs? (but she actually did a couple days ago)
Also, what are the chances I avoided catching it for 5.5 weeks?  I know I am not 100% clear but it's close.
To sum it up, what are the chances she caught this before dating me?
I won't take it as truth but as a guideline.
Thanks.
Most women don't have symptoms, only about 20% do and those who don't normally don't get them for months. Your question is really almost impossible to give an answer to as she could have gotten is couple of weeks ago or she could have gotten it 8 months ago.

As for you, I would guess 5.5 weeks of unprotected sex you stand a decent chance. If you had sex almost daily then probably a good chance if only once a week then low chance.