Aa
A
A
Close
Could I have been msdiagnosed or given a false positive for Chlamydia?
Hello, I had a "Well Woman's Exam" on the 12th of October and was tested for STDs as well. I tested negetive for all except Chlamydia. I am 18 and have only had one partner being my boyfriend of a year. He is 27 and has never had an STD. He got tested 3 months before we got together but slpt with two people within that time frame. He claims he always uses protection. We broke up and two mnths later I had this test. I have NEVER been unfaithful to him and have never been tested for STDs either. He has been on Ciprofloxacin once within the time we have been together for his on-going prostate infection. He just got off his second, one-month regimen, round of Cipro this past month and we have just gotten back together. He says he didn't have it and now suspects that I have been unfaithful but is very hesistant to continue our relationship! If I DO/DID indeed contract Chlamydia,it was WITHOUT a doubt from him before we broke up. If he were to be tested now, would he come up negetive bc of the Cipro??

COULD I HAVE BEEN GIVEN A FALSE POSTIVE? The doctor prescribed Azithromycin. A single dose of 4 tablets which I took yesterday. Please help?!

P.s. The Doctor who examined me took a culture as well as urine test. She also stated after observing my cervix and vaginal area that "everything looked perfect. Pink and healthy"??
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Can't say if it was a false positive or not. At this point all you can do is move forward.

If bf tests positive then clearly it was from him.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank