Chlamydia Community
Could I have been msdiagnosed or given a false positive for Chlamydia?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could I have been msdiagnosed or given a false positive for Chlamydia?

Hello, I had a "Well Woman's Exam" on the 12th of October and was tested for STDs as well. I tested negetive for all except Chlamydia. I am 18 and have only had one partner being my boyfriend of a year. He is 27 and has never had an STD. He got tested 3 months before we got together but slpt with two people within that time frame. He claims he always uses protection. We broke up and two mnths later I had this test. I have NEVER been unfaithful to him and have never been tested for STDs either. He has been on Ciprofloxacin once within the time we have been together for his on-going prostate infection. He just got off his second, one-month regimen, round of Cipro this past month and we have just gotten back together. He says he didn't have it and now suspects that I have been unfaithful but is very hesistant to continue our relationship! If I DO/DID indeed contract Chlamydia,it was WITHOUT a doubt from him before we broke up. If he were to be tested now, would he come up negetive bc of the Cipro??

COULD I HAVE BEEN GIVEN A FALSE POSTIVE? The doctor prescribed Azithromycin. A single dose of 4 tablets which I took yesterday. Please help?!

P.s. The Doctor who examined me took a culture as well as urine test. She also stated after observing my cervix and vaginal area that "everything looked perfect. Pink and healthy"??
580755_tn?1357673215
Can't say if it was a false positive or not. At this point all you can do is move forward.

If bf tests positive then clearly it was from him.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank