Chlamydia Community
Do I need re-treating?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Do I need re-treating?

I was recently given positive results for Chlamydia, I was given Azithroycin today. 250mg taken as a dose of four tablets one after the other, and approximately half an hour to an hour later I suffered with diarrhea and used the loo twice. I'm now worrying that the treatment will have been inneffective and I will still be infected. I do understand that diarrhea is a very common side affect, I was just curious as to whether the treatment will have worked for me or not? Thank you for any help.
Hi and welcome. When someone is diagnosed with an std it is recommended a follow up test to make sure its gone.
I think the diarrhea is a sign that the Zithromax is working. I would not be concerned at all about that during the day of treatment. This shows that it is working, actually.
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers