Chlamydia Community
Does chlamydia cause miscarraige(miscarriage)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I recently suffered a missed miscarriage the foetus stopped growing and a week later i began to lose it the hospital gave me a booklet to read and it mentioned chlaymidia and now Im paranoid that that is why I lost the baby.  Last year I dated a guy briefly and once did not use protection.  Im in a committed relationship now for nine months but he has had a very active and varied sex life in the past.  He was in hospital last year and they tested him for jsut about anything and he assumes that meant any kind of stds but I just dont know and he was sexually active after that.  How easy is it to catch it and do we need to get checked before we start trying for another baby.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

How far along were you?  Typically, you would be tested for chlamydia fairly early in the pregnancy, but that differs for each doctor.  You should ask if you were tested.  It wouldn't hurt to test, since you are concerned, but remember that many other things cause miscarriage, and you might not ever know what happened.

Best wishes,
Aj