Aa
A
A
Close
665930 tn?1233964061
Does chlamydia cause miscarraige
I recently suffered a missed miscarriage the foetus stopped growing and a week later i began to lose it the hospital gave me a booklet to read and it mentioned chlaymidia and now Im paranoid that that is why I lost the baby.  Last year I dated a guy briefly and once did not use protection.  Im in a committed relationship now for nine months but he has had a very active and varied sex life in the past.  He was in hospital last year and they tested him for jsut about anything and he assumes that meant any kind of stds but I just dont know and he was sexually active after that.  How easy is it to catch it and do we need to get checked before we start trying for another baby.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
207091 tn?1337713093
I'm so sorry for your loss.

How far along were you?  Typically, you would be tested for chlamydia fairly early in the pregnancy, but that differs for each doctor.  You should ask if you were tested.  It wouldn't hurt to test, since you are concerned, but remember that many other things cause miscarriage, and you might not ever know what happened.

Best wishes,
Aj
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources