Duration for Chlamidiya
I was diagnosed with Chlamidiya and Gonnorhea about 9 days ago. I was prescribed 4 pills of Azithromycin and took it the same day. I didn't have any symptoms before but ever since I took the pills I have the urge to pee all the time. I can literally sit in the bathroom for a hour pushing out liquid thats not urine. It doesnt seem like it's going to go away anytime soon. My doctor made an appointment 6 weeks from now to re-check. Six weeks is a long time to see if it's gone. How long should I give the medecine to work before contacting my doctor? Again, its already been 9 days.
Hi and welcome, at this point you might give the doctor a call about your concern. It does take a week or so for the symptoms to clear up but the thing with an injured urethra is that it is very sensitive to infections and takes time to heal. With all the nerves in this area any irritation can cause a signal to the bladder for the urge to urinate.