Chlamydia Community
Epididymitis, stiff neck and headaches.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Epididymitis, stiff neck and headaches.

Dear all,

A little over a month ago I was diagnosed and treated for Chlamydia.  I tested negative for all other STD's including HIV.  I experienced many different symptoms starting with tingling sensations, itching and burning from the abdominal area to my crotch and headaches.  These symptoms lasted for maybe two days and then disappeared.  Shortly after I started to develop normal symptoms such as discharge and pain in the penis.  Once the treatment started this disappeared but I was left with a very painful case of epidiymitis which has yet to go away.  I have an appointment with a urologist for this in a few days.  Throughout the past month I have experienced different sicknesses.  For a week I was very sick, coughing feeling very drowsy and I had a headache.  That went away and I was fine until just a week ago when I again got sick.  This time I had a pretty bad stiff neck and a headache.  My sinuses were clogged and my throat hurt.  That disappeared after three days but I am still left with the stiff neck headaches.

I know this is a lot of information but I'd just like to make sure every detail is there.  I have been to countless doctors and I am very very afraid that this could be symptoms of HIV.  My doctor has ruled out meningitis but has not tested for it.  Although I tested negative for HIV it is my understanding that it takes up to three months before an accurate test for HIV can be administered.  I am so afraid and no doctors seem to have a clue as to whats wrong with me.  If anyone has any idea of what I am talking about please help me.  The anxiety is killing me.
I'd guess you just got really unlucky and got chlamydia at the same time cold and flu season hit.

HIV wouldn't clog your sinuses, etc.

Any follow up questions about HIV should be posted in the HIV prevention forum.

Aj