Chlamydia Community
Equivocal Chlamydia Test Result
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Equivocal Chlamydia Test Result

Hi.  I tested positive for Chlamydia and was given Zithromax (1gm).  One week later because of personal concern I was prescribed Doxycycline (100mg 2x/day, for 7 days).  18 days after beginning initial treatment I was retested (urine test) and the result came back Equivocal.  So what exactly am I supposed to do with that result?  My doc told me to come back in a month, but because of my personal life, I don't think waiting a month is going to cut it.

My Dr. tried to reassure me that I had the appropriate treatment and that the test is so sensitive, we may have to wait a little longer to make sure all the DNA is gone.

Also, if the result is equivocal doesn't that mean that I "might" still have the infection?  In that case, why wouldn't a doctor continue treating me.