Equivocal Chlamydia Test Result
Hi.  I tested positive for Chlamydia and was given Zithromax (1gm).  One week later because of personal concern I was prescribed Doxycycline (100mg 2x/day, for 7 days).  18 days after beginning initial treatment I was retested (urine test) and the result came back Equivocal.  So what exactly am I supposed to do with that result?  My doc told me to come back in a month, but because of my personal life, I don't think waiting a month is going to cut it.

My Dr. tried to reassure me that I had the appropriate treatment and that the test is so sensitive, we may have to wait a little longer to make sure all the DNA is gone.

Also, if the result is equivocal doesn't that mean that I "might" still have the infection?  In that case, why wouldn't a doctor continue treating me.
It can take up to 1 month for all the bacteria to get out of the system. So that is why the Dr said come back after your result.
Also he has no reason to treat you more because he has already given you the correct treatement.