Chlamydia Community
Exposed to Gonorrhea and Chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Exposed to Gonorrhea and Chlamydia

I found out i had been exposed to Gonorrhea and Chlamydia ... I took .75 grams of Azithromycin once and have been taking 500mgs of Cipro 2 times daily for three days and plan to continue to take it for another 4 days.. Do you think I've covered myself for knocking these out if I did in fact get infected? I'm a 33 year old female and weigh 140 lbs in case it matters.
You should have waited and saw a Dr for testing after 1 week post exposure. After medication is finished you should wait 3 weeks and get tested.
Why should I have waited 1 week post exposure? Is it because now any testing will be flawed?  I guess my real question is whether or not I probably effectively cured the infection if I did have it.
That medication might have. I can't guarantee it because I can't guarantee if you did have it and if you did what the course of action a Dr would have taken.

Wait to find out if you really have it so you can be properly tested and treated.