Chlamydia Community
False positive chlamydia results?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

False positive chlamydia results?

I recently went for a pap and was tested for any STDs.  The doctor told me that I had bacterial vaginosis, a yeast infection, and chlamydia although I have had no symptoms for either of them.  My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months and I had him tested which his results came back negative.  I also called two other partners from a year ago just to be safe, they were tested, and their results also came back negative.  I have no idea how chlamydia was contracted if no one else came back positive and they were the only people I had sex with.  Could there have been a mistake with the results? I was swabbed, and they were swabbed.  I was prescribed Metronidazole for the BV, Fluconazole for the yeast infection, then the Azithromycin for the STD, is taking all of these medications harmful?