Chlamydia Community
False positive chlamydia results?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

False positive chlamydia results?

I recently went for a pap and was tested for any STDs.  The doctor told me that I had bacterial vaginosis, a yeast infection, and chlamydia although I have had no symptoms for either of them.  My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months and I had him tested which his results came back negative.  I also called two other partners from a year ago just to be safe, they were tested, and their results also came back negative.  I have no idea how chlamydia was contracted if no one else came back positive and they were the only people I had sex with.  Could there have been a mistake with the results? I was swabbed, and they were swabbed.  I was prescribed Metronidazole for the BV, Fluconazole for the yeast infection, then the Azithromycin for the STD, is taking all of these medications harmful?
Talk to your Dr about the medication.

False positives are possible. So this might be one, or someone (current or past) did have it and was treated or the body naturally cured the infection.