Chlamydia Community
Freaking out :(

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Freaking out :(

Hello everyone! Before I left for school in August I got tested for stds (end of July) and got birth control at a nearby clinic. I was told I'd get a phone call in a few days, a week max, if anything was wrong with my tests and if I tested positive, since I never got a phone call so I assumed everything was ok and left for school as planned. Apparently, I tested positive for chlamydia. I had no clue until recently when I was cleaning out my old room and I found a letter the clinic sent me saying they couldn't get ahold of me by phone and it had my test result and other stuff about chlamydia. I'm freaking out now because I've had this for literally years with no clue. My ex boyfriend took my virginity on Memorial day in 2011, which I'm assuming that's when I got it because about a month later he confessed to me he cheated on me right before we got together. Me being dumb and in so called "love" forgave him, believed him, and kept sleeping with him. He's the only person I've been with since and in fact we just recently broke up a few weeks ago. We never used condoms because I was on birth control the entire time we were together. (stupid, I know) So if I had it then, I definitely have it now.
Weird thing is, I went to the doctor two weeks ago to get tested again for the first time since july. I was told I'd be contacted within 5 days if anything was abnormal and once again, no phone call. I'm 100% sure I have it. They did a urine test and a blood test and I know my urine was diluted when I gave them a sample but I didn't think of it until after when I noticed they hadn't called. Could this have affected my result? My blood sample was for just HIV/syphilis but could they have tested that too? Is there a chance I really don't have it anymore? It makes no sense to me because me and my boyfriend never stopped sleeping together. I don't know what to do, I've been googling stuff on it all day and I'm panicking. I never noticed any symptoms, no itching or burning or weird discharge or smell. I had a UTI a few months ago but that was it really. I do get these strange, almost shooting pains sometimes in my lower abdomen. I just started getting them about a month ago but never paid it much mind because its not excruciating, just annoying at the most. I guess what I'm most scared about is being infertile in the future.  How do I go about fixing this? Is there actually a chance that I really, honestly, might not have it anymore? Could those weird pains be from something like PID or another complication? I'm really scared :( Sorry if everythings all jumbled and doesnt make sense..
Just call the clinic and check for the results, if they don't call it's doesn't mean that you don't have chlamydia. A urine test would show the chlamydia not a blood test. If you are + for it your doctor will proscribe some antibiotics and you will be fine. Chlamydia and Ghonerea are the most common stds.

You could always call your boyfriend and asking of his std status.

Don't stress you will be fine and make sure to always use protection.

Be safe
Hi there --

About 1 year + ago i found out i had Chlamydia.I must of had it for around 8-10 months. I got it treated and then 3 months later i was tested again and it came back negative this time.
It's been about a year since i tested negative and i was recently wondering about PID.
So i sought medical expertise.
PID is the most common complication from Chlamydia infections. PID if left long enough can render you infertile or have severe damage enough to cause problems with you conceiving.
Chlamydia however is extremely common therefore you'd think the PID rate would be high.
However, only 1 in every 10 women under the age of 25 will develop PID.
From what my doctor said PID can go silent but in most cases it is a very very painful experience that you would ultimately know you had the PID.
There's no set time frame for PID -- it can be anything from 3 months to 30 years to develop.
Unless you have the Chlamydia treated you will always have it -- it doesn't just go with time unfortunately. Go to your doctor and tell them your more than sure you have Chlamydia -- they can then prescribe you the medication to fix it. Next ask for your medication for PID -- some doctors wont allow it but i had to ask twice to get mine.
What id do then is inform your ex boyfriends / boyfriend that they also need to get treated!
I'm currently taking my medication for PID even though i had no PID symptoms (I also had no symptoms when i had Chlamydia either)

Good Luck