Chlamydia Community
Get chlamydia even having used condom. Why?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

1 month ago I had protected sex with a prostitute. I did 2 times within 1 hour.

After I ejaculated the first time, I washed my penis, she also washed her vagina by her hand. While awaiting doing second time sex, she performed oral sex, hand job my penis. Then I started the second sex with her again after half an hour.

5 days later, my penis had fluid. My friend is a doctor, he said I got chlamydia. So I was tested for chlamydia (positive). I took medicine for 7 days, then get tested chlamydia again (Negative). No fluid on my tip of penis any more.

I asked the prostitute to test chlamydia, she was tested positive too.

My questions are:

1. I used condoms in two times of sex, why I still infected with chlamydia? Which way chlamydia came to me.

2. If the girl infected HIV, and I infected chlamyda from her, so am I infected HIV as well from her?

I am really worried about it. Experts, doctors, please help me....answer me urgently.

Thank you
I had almost the same situation like yours and want to ask exactly the same questions.

Doctor, please answer.

thousands of thanks
Condoms are remarkably effective in preventing STDs. But they are not 100%. Nothing in medicine is 100%. You may be just unlucky. Best to go for an exam and treatment.
Did you do any kind of genital rubbing without any barriers?  And were they latex condoms?  Latex are the best prevention.  If they were made of any other skins, then that may be the reason why.
I remembered that I used the towel to wipe my penis after I watered my penis. Then I put the towel on the bed. For the second sex, I used that towel again to do the same wiping my penis as above.

I noted that the towel was too long time used, and the bed cover in the room was not clean. Because that room was used for the sex service all the time.

I wonder if the towel and the bed cover caused my infection? or

Her hand washed her vagina with water, then later on her dry hand rubbered my penis?

Experts, doctors please help answer. Thanks
I and her used different towel. Is there any possibility that the towel has chlamydia from others who used that towel, and the towel was not cleanly washed. Then I used that towel and infected. I think of this because that hotel rooms are always used for sex service, and many prostitutes there somehow used the towel I have used.
Forget the towel.  You did not get chlamydia from a towel.  The bacteria does not survive in the air for more than a few minutes.  

Why didn't you answer my questions?  Either way at this point, there is not going to be any real way to figure it out.  I don't think you got chlamydia while using a condom (if it was latex).  There had to be some kind of fluid to fluid contact during the encounter.

Besides.  You should have known that you are putting yourself at risk anyway.  She is a prostitute that sleeps with who knows how many people who have who knows what diseases.  And if she can't figure out who she got it from, she could get it again and again and pass it to you possibly.  That is not a good thing because eventually there could be a resistance to medication.
What was the protection you used, please?
To answer your question as below:

1. Did you do any kind of genital rubbing without any barriers? --> No.

2. And were they latex condoms? --> I did not know exactly, because she put it on me.

3. If they were made of any other skins, then that may be the reason why. --> This means HIV also can be transmitted through or only chlamydia?

I wonder if Her hand washed her vagina with water, then later on her dry hand rubbered my penis, and cause transmition?

The answer to your last question is no.  There was no vaginal fluid on her hand.  Listen to this...there has to be significant infected fluid transfer to the membranes of the genital tract for infection to occur.  Fluid is WET not dry.  

And to answer question #3, yes, it is possible BUT...it is difficult for a woman to give HIV to a man during intercourse, so the possibility is low.  You used protection.  Even if it was made of a porous skin,  you had something, lowering your chances even more, so...If you wish, get tested in 3 months for HIV or get a rapid oral swab.  
Is chlamydia bacteria alive long in the air, even it's dry. My doctor told me that I highly probably was infected by the towel with chlamydia bateria alive in it when I wiped my penis.
Then if you think he is right, why are you asking here?  What answers do you want?  I have already told you, you cannot get chlamydia or any other std for that matter from a towel, especially if it is dry.  Possibly trichomonas, but that is all. And you both used different towels, correct?  I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you about this.
Sorry to upset you, if any.

I am asking here because the doctor I mentioned is my friend, and based on what I described to him and based on his knowledge then he said I got chlamydia (at that time I have not got tested). I just wanted to make sure this is correct or not as my doctor is not specialized in chlamydia.

He asked me to get blood and urine tested, and the blood test result showed PCR positive, VDRL negative. The urine test result showed something I did not remmember. After that I gave him the test results, he said I got chlamydia and prescribed me 7 day medicines. Then I got tested again, PCR negative.

Hope the above information has some help to your answer for me.

You mentioned "Possibly trichomonas". Does trichomonas  have same symptoms like chlamydia?

My symptoms were dark white fluid discharged at tip of penis, burning at about 3cm from the tip of the penis when pissing. They were the only symptoms I had, and they appeared about 5 or 6 days after my exposure.

2terrified, please take your time to reply me. Thanks a lot.
Trich can but does not usually show symptoms in men.  You should continue the medication and give it a couple of weeks.  If it doesn't clear up, then you should see someone who does know more about std's.  Other than that, there is nothing more I can tell you.  You just need to see the proper doctor for a proper diagnosis.
Thanks a lot
I read somewhere that chlamydia is possible to be transmitted through oral sex. So, i guess u got it from oral sex performed by that prostitute.

Worry711 said absolutely nothing about getting oral sex.
As mentioned above, she did perform oral sex (for about 1 minute) and handjob. I am now thinking of either chlamydia or trichomonas because boths have same symptom. And Trich is easily transmitted through dirty towel that I have used.

As said, I got blood and urine tested, and the blood test result showed PCR positive, VDRL negative. The urine test result showed something I did not remmember. I wonder if this test result is either for Chlamydia or Trich as well? I did not have swab test (wet amount) of my penis fluid so it did not show exactly the Trich infection?
I didn't see the mention after going back,but it is possible but rare for one to get an std from oral sex.  So, maybe.  Either way, you need to discuss your results with your doctor so you know for sure and get treated properly.