Chlamydia Community
Got Tested, what happens if its positive?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I recently got tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea and I am anxiously waiting my test results Friday.

Ive had received unprotected oral sex in the past month, and had unprotected sex once back in October. The symptoms have just recently started within the past 2 weeks or so.

The Symptoms are

Occasional pain in head of penis.
Occasional testicle pain
possible burning when urinating but not very often or very noticeable.
I also had a physical and the dr said I had some red blood cells in my urine, so I dont know if Chlamydia would cause that to show up. Im supposed to go in for another urine analysis thats more in depth but I wanted to get tested for STDs before since I have had risky behavior.

I have not noticed any discharge but I am still worried.

I dont believe I have gonorrhea since I have read most people have a definite burning and discharge and there likely would not be any question. But I was tested for it.

What happens if I do have Chlamydia or Gonorrhea? I just take some antibiotics and not have sex for a week? Do I need to get retested? Is there a chance the antibiotics will not work?

I know those are probably dumb questions. I have bad anxiety and am convincing myself having it is going to be a lot worse then is probably actually is. My anxiety is much worse then the actual symptoms. I just want to know and get treated so I can move on with my life.

Thank you for any help.
If it is one of those and I don't believe it would be, then yes you take some antibiotics, no sex for 1 week. Use condoms after that and go on with your life.