Had unprotected sex 4 days after being treated for chlamydia.
My boyfriend and I got both got treated at the same time for chlamydia, and today we had sex.. The doctor said to wait 3-5 days before engaging in sex. Could we both be infected again? & I would appreciate not being judged. Thanks.
Hi and welcome. If you both were diagnosed with chlamydia and the same day received treatment you could not be reinfected as on the first day you still have it. Both of you. The treatment takes a few days to do its job. If only one of you had it, lets say you, you could infect your boyfriend but since he has it anyway its nil.
Just stop having intercourse and let the medicine do its job and get retested to make sure both of you are ok.
Oh and we took the 1 dose type of treatment. Could we still have protected sex?
Protected sex is ok but your boyfriends urethra has been injured with the bacteria and needs time to heal. The bacteria has caused sores and he should let them heal. His urethra is a small tube and you dont want any scar tissue to develope from healing and irritating, healing and irritating. Just let it heal for a few weeks or so.The same goes for you.
We both had no symptoms, and he wasn't tested. Only I was, but he took the treatment just to be safe. The nurse told us it was safe to have sex 5 days after the treatment. He had 1 other person he had sex with and he was my only person. This was about 4 years ago. It is to believed that we passed it onto each other each time it went away.
for the record, you wont find people to judge you on here.... they may get annoyed if you ask the same question but no judgement lol
lol that's cool. I was reading forums on yahoo and the people on their are judgey and call you horrible names. So I was scared of that happening. I'm not one bit dirty, unfortunately my boyfriend decided to have sex with the wrong person before he started to date me and passed it on to me. Just my luck.
Hi again. Why did you get treated if you werent diagnoses, were you haveing symptoms like a discharge or burning while urinationg? The person 4 years ago is really not part of this.
Only I was diagnosed with it, he didn't get diagnosed with it. But the doctor sent me 2 doses for me and him. We took it 5 days ago, and it she said it didn't show up right away but when it did she called me and sent my prescription over. We took the 4 pills, and I got a call from the public health nurse and she said we could resume to having sex in 3-5 days. I called again yesterday and they gave us the go. But to be safe I called health links and she told me after 5 days. I'm not sure who to believe.
You should have waited a bit longer to have sex but I think you are fine. Just retest in a few months to make sure you are both in the clear.
I did the samethings. We both took the treatment at the same time. And had sex 4 days later. Does this mean we both have it again. We took 2 pills of 500g azithromycin???
Start your own thread please.
Im pregnant an have been cured for chlamydia but after being on the treatment we had sex about a week later. Will I have it again?
Start your own thread
Me and my partner did the same thing but we both waited 7 days after can we reinfect each other??? Please comment back
Did you ever find out if you reinfected each other if you had sex 4 days after treatment??
Did you ever find out if you got reinfected?
Did you ever find out if you reinfected each other 4 days after??
so if u had unprotected sex while bein treated u can be re infected
Start your own thread