Chlamydia Community
Help Please
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help Please

I have a science research project, and I have been looking everywhere for these answers but I can't find them. It would be greatly appreciated if someone answered these questions.

1) What tissues are affected when a person has chlamydia?
2) How has the approach to chlamydia change over the years?

Thanks! :)
Tags: help please, Chlamydia, project, tissues, approach, change
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
652407_tn?1300740799
Here a great web site with all the info you need... great topic to teach other students.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Chlamydia/STDFact-Chlamydia.htm

The approach to chlamydia?... like research?

I know from AJ that when one is infected their past partners are contacted to make sure they weren't infected and if they were then they can get treated before any damage to the reproductive organs occur.

As for research, I'm not sure how much they are doing for chlamydia since they have a cure for it... I know they also keep records for how many are infected yearly.

Also, if the link I gave you doesn't provide you with enough info, there is a experts forum inwhich you can ask them questions and they would be able to provide more information... below is a link to  the experts forum =)

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/STDs/show/116
Blank
I can assure you that research into the immune response of Chlamydia is ongoing and many dedicated labs are spending their time dedicated to this subject. Chlamydia is the leading cause of blindness in the world (trachoma ) and now is the leading STD in the US. The science is ongoing. The real answer is for sexually active adults to use PROTECTION to stem this tide. Please everyone..use condoms they work.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank