Chlamydia Community
How easily is Chlamydia passed?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How easily is Chlamydia passed?

a couple days ago I tested positive for chlamydia based on the results of an annual papsmire.  I have been getting tested every year for the past 6 years and have never had a positive for anything.  For the past 7 months I have been sleeping with a guy that I like a lot, unprotected.  We never committed to each other monogomously because he didn't seem to want to.  He does, and has always, had a strong reputation of sleeping around, although he denies it.  I had a friend come in from out of town a little more that 2 months ago and we ended up having sex one time for only about 2 minutes, no condom.  I was due for my period the next day, which I got.  For about 4 or 5 days following my period I experienced a brownish discharge, which I can recall happening serveral other times over the past few years.  I read that it most likely was just extra blood leaving the body after the period.   After that, I didn't sleep with the guy that I like a lot because I was upset with him for not wanting to committ to me.  i stayed away from him for almost 2 months, and wasn't with anyone else.  I heard rumours that there were at least 3 other girls that he had been sleeping with the entire time me and him had been having sex, which infuriated me.  Then I started talking to him again (stupid), and about 2 1/2 weeks ago (a day after I went in for the pap test) we had sex two times, no condom.  

After I found out I tested positive, I immeadiately thought that I got it from him bc he has been my partner for the past several months.  I knew I had to tell him, and I somehow found the courage to do it.  His immeadiate response was "no, thats not possible. I was just tested not that long ago"...said when he went in for neck problems they did a bunch of tests ??? I thought that was weird, like why would they test him for Chlamydia if he went in for neck problems?  Anyway, I told him that didn't really matter since he just had sex with me 2 weeks ago and I have chlamydia so regardless of who gave it to who, he needed to go get treated or tested bc he most likely has it too.  I told him he could either get a dose of the pills or get tested if he wants.  Then I started thinking, and I started wondering if maybe I contracted it from my friend that came into town.  But wasn't sure since it was very brief.  

My question is this:  How easy is it to spread or contract chlamydia?  If I did get it from my friend from out of town, what are the odds that I may not have given it to my partner those 2 times we had sex?? And if I got it from my partner that supposedly sleeps around, what are the odds that I didn't give it to my friend that one time?  I haven't been able to contact my friend, but I am going to tell him as soon as I can.  I'm just so confused and want some answers to ease my mind.  I did tell my partner that I was sure I got it from him, so if he tests negative I'm going to feel dumb, although it'll be good that I didn't give it to him.  Also I heard it's easier for a guy to pass it to a girl than girl passing it to a guy??  Thought that was odd.  Is that true??