Chlamydia Community
How likely is it that a test is false??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

How likely is it that a test is false??

Helloo :) my name is Stephanie and I am 19 years old. I have a live-in partner who I been with over 2 years. No, we haven't been on and off or braking up or cheating(that I know of but 100% sure from my side). Back in November 2009 I got tested for the first time and everything was good and negative (HIV,STD). However, in January 2011 I got tested again in Planned Parenthood and they said I have chlamydia. Now like I said he's been my only partner over two years and we have not brokem up. I confronted him about it and he said he didn't cheat on me. Could it be that the result came back wrong, or maybe he had all along and is now showing up? Should I get a second opinion? ooh and NO symptoms at all for both parts. Help! ..thanks.
Have partner test and you retest if you have not medicated. Some false positives are possible.