Chlamydia Community
How long are you infectious after recovery?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long are you infectious after recovery?

Hi, I was diagnosed with chlamydia a few months back. However the doctor never even recommended that I get treated as the levels were extremely low and according to him my body had encountered it, but fought it off before I could get extremely infectious. i am curious to know if this is possible? if so and i was never truly infected, could i still easily pass it on to someone else? for the record i have never shown a single symptom of having it? how long could it live in my body for while being in an infectious state? do worry that i might pass it on to my girlfriend at some point?