How long can Chlamydia go undetected
I have read several times that many people do not even know they have chlamydia. I had unprotected sex over 3 years ago. My girlfriend has had several uti's since then. She had them before, but seam to have increased since the unprotected sex. I have been tested for STD's by my doctor one year ago. I was negative. My questions are:
1. Can chlamydia (or any other STD) go unnoticed for 3 years?
2. Would her yearly ob/gyn visit detect any STD? (She has regular visits, with no concerns)

1 - Its doubtful chlamydia could go unnoticed.  Syhpilis might, herpes might, HIV definitely could.  You would still find these on tests, though.  Chlamydia is detectable within a week of exposure, syphilis within 6 weeks, herpes within 4 months, and HIV within 3 months.  

2.  If her doc is testing for stds, then they would find chlamydia.  It depends on if her doc is doing std testing with the pap or not.

AJ
Thanks for the quick answers. I have a few more, but will give you a little more history. I have been w/ girlfriend for 7+ years. Had one time unprotected sex 3 years 2 months ago with a coworker. I had no signs/symptoms of std's. At the time, girlfriend and I were using condems. We had sex one time without a condem. About 3 months later she complained of a uti/bladder infection. She then had severe redness and swelling, but no red bumps as common w/ herpes. She had to miss a few days of work because of this. Since this time, as I stated before, she has had several uti's. We continued using condems for quite awhile. I was tested for stds about a year ago, but was told I was negative for all except HSV1. I have never had a oral outbreak. She gets "fever blisters" about once every 1.5 years. I had a vasectomy about 8 months ago. I am now experiencing mild pain in the lower abdominal, mostly on the right side. I also have a mild discomfort at the tip of my penis with a slight urge to urinate more frequently than normal. No discharge, swelling or redness. My girfriend has had 2 uti's in 3 months. She was given an antibiotic (not sure what) for the first, then Cipro for the second. She has never had any liasons like herpes, unusual discharges, abmormal smell etc. She has regular ob/gyn visits.

With this hx, what are your thoughts of either of us having a std or just my insecure imagination worrying about way to much? Could she have had vaginitis, causing her severe irritation 3 years ago? Could an std be mistaken for her uti's without showing anything more than I've told you?

Thanks again
Sounds like you have a UTI infection and the swelling and redness on her could be from just having sex and her being dry will cause this. I dont think that you have much to worry about just go get checked out and let them test you.
Its possible this is chlamydia, but I'd say its a long shot.  There is a possiblity you all are just passing some bacteria back and forth, but without testing, its hard to say.

I would ask your gf if her doc is actually finding bacteria in her urine, or just blood.

The fact that you both are symptomatic suggests something is going on, but that doesn't mean the two are related.  Have you std tested since the encounter with the co-worker?  That might be a good place to start.

AJ
Yes, I have been tested and was told it was negative for all std's. The encounter was 3 years ago, I was last tested 1 year ago.

Thanks again
She has a good point sounds like bacteria being passed and sounds more like a uti infection. If you have sex and she goes dry can cause her to swell A LOT and turn red. Just get tested and looked at.  It doesn't take much to get your urine looked at and you can go get tested for free in numerous clinics or health departments.  I'd not worry about it until you know for sure but I know that is easier said than done.