Chlamydia Community
How long can it take for Chlamydia to test positive?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long can it take for Chlamydia to test positive?

How long can it take for Chlamydia to test positive? Is it possible to have Chlamydia and test negative a few weeks after possible exposure?
Tags: Chlamydia, STD
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
652407_tn?1300740799
it actually only take a day for it to become positive after an infection, but we say 7 days post to be safe. ... if you had it you would have had a positive result if you tested a few weeks after an exposure.
Blank
How is it tested? I'm pretty sure my Dr. did not send a smear of the discharge off. She told me the pap smear would check for it. Everything I've read online says it does not check for Chlamydia.
Blank
652407_tn?1300740799
when a pap is done they will also do a culture for chlamydia and gonorrhea. It is not the actual smear from the pap that test for it but a separate culture. Most of all GYN's now do that as apart of a normal routine pap.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank