Chlamydia Community
How long did it take you to cure your Chlamydia ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Hi there !
I took 1 dose (4 tablets of 250 mg of azithromycin) yesterday . I have never had any symptoms so I won't know if the antibitotic is working at all until 4 weeks from now when I get tested again .

My question is how many of you who unfortunately have caught chlamydia only had to take antibiotics once and the chlamydia was cured ? Either 1 dose of 4 tablets of 250 mg in one single dose of anzithromycin like i did or the doxycycline antibiotic that you are to take twice a day for 5 - 7 days ?

And how many of you , had to take antibiotics a second or third time before it was cured ?
I am crossing my fingers and toes that this 1 dose does it for me - but I have been reading that for many people , the 1 dose wasn't enough and they either had to take a 2nd or 3rd dose of anzithromycin , PLUS a dose or 2 of doxycycline - or had to take 1 dose of anzithromycin and then 1 dose of doxycycline ?

Which seemed to work best for you if you had to take more than 1 dose ?
I am just so anxious to get this STD out of me and hope I only have to take 1 dose and be cured - but just wondering what it was like for some of you who had to take more than 1 dose or switch antibiotics .

**IF this doesn't teach us to ALWAYS wear condoms , i don't know what will ! lol** I think im going to be a nun after this lol - don't ever want to go through this again !
Thanks for all of your input !
Tags: Chlamydia, Cure, dose, anzithromycin, doxycycline, how many, antibiotic
I would think yeast or BV just based on medication and everything.
and as a side note i forgot to mention . I will not be having any sexual contact between now and when I'm going to be test again - i know that for sure !

And the nurse I just spoke to where i got the meds from , from the health clinic i went to - said that he's worked there for 8 years , prescribed the 1 dose of azithromycin to chlamydia infected patients and the ones that tested a month later who were cured had NOT done anything sexual between the time they took the medication and the time they got retested - and that the patients who DID have sexual relations between the time they took the medication and getting retested , were not cured ..
So that gives me a lot of relief , and is shocking to me that the medication seems to work as long as you don't have any sexual contact , and took the doseage correctly , the 4 pills on an empty stomach , and ate an hour or 2 after taking them .

So what do you think about that ?
Hi and welcome. Its very easy to get rid of. Mine went with a single does. Not a big deal at all. Did you test positive?
Yes I did . I may have had it for 2 years or 6 months since I didn't get tested after my last relationship and only got tested after my last sexual encounter 6 months ago I don't know when I caught it .  I took the 4 tablets of 250 mg of azithromycin yesterday morning .
By the way thanks for the welcome life360 ! I have a question . I didn't seem to notice any symptoms of chlamydia before but now .the second day after my dose , I am experiencing more discharge (brownish) and some cramps , is that normal After taking antibiotics Or does that mean the antibiotics aren't working ? Thank you !
Thanks !
Yes it is normal, body flushing out the dead bacteria, can take 2 weeks for all symptoms to stop.
Thanks again Vance !
Please don't start new threads to ask questions, keep them on the same thread. And asking the same questions again is not going to get you new answers.
I do apologize about the few that were somewhat the same , I am used to posting somewhere else where you get different answers when you make new threads .
And , I didn't realize that if I had a different question than the one I originally posted , that I was supposed to post it in the same thread , as I presumed that people look at the title of your question to debate whether they want to answer it so if I had another question that doesn't pertain to the question I have in the title , I was to make a new thread as people wouldn't know that I had another question unless they clicked on this thread and read through the comments to notice that I had another question . Hope that makes sense ?

But I will from now on just post any questions I have in this thread if it pertains to Chlamydia .
Thanks for letting me know !
So my last thread with the separate question must have gotten removed because I don't see it , but the question was :
For those dose I took , 1000 mg (1g) in 1 dose of Azithromycin , how long does it stay in your system for ?
I've read and some people say 2-4 days , others have said 14 days , so which is it for the dose I took ?

As , I took the azithromycin on Wednesday . Then Thurs , Fri , Sat , Sun I had cramps and yellowish brown discharge , and today I had the same thing except it was less than the other days - so I was wondering if the antibiotic is still in my system if it's causing that , or if its the chlamydia or if it could be PID . But once I test negative for chlamydia after it's been treated , and if i still am getting cramps and dishcarge then obviously I can assume its PID - but right now i don't know if those symptoms are the antibiotics or if its the STD or PID . But if I know how long the antibiotic stays in the system for then I can rule out if it's the antibiotic or not .

Not sure how long it stays in your system, why does that matter?

No you can't assume it's PID. As I said above it can take up to 2 weeks for all symtpoms to stop.
Thank you !- the only reason I want to know how long Azithromycin stays in the system for is because after i took my first dose ive had cramps and discharge everyday since . Except today , which is the 6th day after taking the 1 time dosage .

So i thought , why am i experiencing cramps and discharge only after taking the dose , and didn't seem to experience any prior to taking it . so im hoping those symptoms are because of the dose . So if i knew that its out of my system in 6 days , and then experience cramps and discharge still after its supposed to be out of my system then i can assume the cramps and discharge are just the symptoms of the chlamydia

and as i stated above , once i am cured of chlamyida and still experience cramps say a month after im cured then i can assume its PID and get checked for PID - as i know chlamydia can cause PID to happen .
PID is not common from chlamydia and I would not assume anything. The discharge is the body ridding it's self of the infection. And I am sure the cramps are related to that also. Again it can take up to 2 weeks for all symptoms to stop.
Oh well thats good news about the PID ! Thanks again !

One thing i forgot to mention was that I may have had chlamydia for 6 months or 2 years , i know its unlikely but it is possible . Anyway
Whether it was for 2 years or 6 months , I had absolutely no symptoms .
No abnormal discharge , either in color , smell or amount and any discharge i had was at the same time on my birth control every month so i assumed it was my birth control . And had no cramps except for  right before my period which has always been normal for me .

So once I started taking the antibiotics thats when i started getting itchness down there but that has stopped and cramps and discharge . So , i didn't know if all of a sudden i was getting symptoms from the chalmydia or from the antibiotics as i hadn't had any symptoms of chlaymdia at all prior .

Anyway , it's exactly 1 week today from when I took the 1 dose of antibiotics and today is the first day i haven't experienced any cramps , but i still have yellowish discharge .

So when you say the symptoms can take up to two weeks to stop , i have to wonder if these symptoms are the antibiotic and not the chlamydia as I never had any symptoms of Chlamydia at all . So im assuming its the antibiotics causing the cramps and discharge .

The antibiotics give symptoms of discharge and possible urination issues, or itching.

More likely to have it for 6 months then 2 years.
Okay , now I assume the antibiotic is out of my system by now as it's been a week and 1 day since I took it .
I'm still getting yellow discharge , and a few cramps here and there but they're mild and are few .

So if we're assuming the antibiotics are out of my system and I no longer have chlamydia and had no symptoms of chlamydia prior , after i get tested to make sure my chalmydia is cured , should I check to see if I have vaginosis or a yeast infection if the yellow discharge continue ?

Thanks for all your help !
You would need to wait 3 weeks after medication. And I am not sure you really understand what I have said a couple of times. YOU CAN HAVE SYMPTOMS FOR UP TO 2 WEEKS AFTER MEDICATION.
LOL OKAY ! I just thought your meant symptoms of Chlamydia not of the antibiotic . So I felt that didn't apply to me as I've never had symptoms of Chlamydia to begin with . But if you're referring to the antibiotic then I understand what you mean LOUD AND CLEAR lol !

But if after 2 weeks I have discharge still , should I get checked for vaginosis or yeast ? as I've heard the antibiotics can't tell the difference between good bacteria and that can lead to yeast or vaginosis .

Thank you !
Also , can Antibiotics of any kind including Azithromycin cause pimples ?

I have never had acne , and I get a pimple here or there on my face once in a blue moon ,but I've noticed I have quite a few pimples on my forehead and a few near my cheek , and I haven't been washing with anything differently - so i assumed it is from the antibiotic ?
1st recent post-Yes
2nd recent post-???
Nevermind about the pimples lol they're gone now .
So , I have no more cramps ! Just a bit of yellow discharge still daily ..
And it's been 2 weeks exactly since taking the antibiotics .

Of course I will get checked for BV and trich , but I have been eating active and live cultures plain yogurt , I've heard that helps cure BV ?
And that people who get antibiotics may cure BV but then it comes back because BV is an imbalance in PH level , but that yogurt helps that balance that PH level , is that so ?!

I'm now just concerned about the mild odorless yellow discharge as I get it everyday .
I was thinking it could be trich but I looked up the symptoms of trich and it doesn't even say yellow discharge , but BV does say you can get yellow discharge , so I think it could be that .
Any ideas ?

Thanks a million for all your help !
Okay thank you very much . I think I am noticing that after eating atleast 8 ounces of yogurt with live cultures the yellow discharge gets less , and the days that I miss out on eating it , the yellow discharge seems to be more . But I'm not 100% sure if that's coincidence or not lol .

But thank you for your help ! Much appreciated !
Another question I have is ,
How do they test for trich and BV ?
I hear they take a swab of your discharge . Is that the only way ? I ask because I hope it's the only way because I'd rather get swabbed and checked properly , than peeing in a cup ..

As , when I was diagnosed with Chlamydia , all they did was have me pee in a cup .

And I am going back to the health clinic in 2 weeks , to see if my Chlamydia is cured and to also get tested for Trich and BV .
Also , since I  got myself into this mess , I feel its my problem to get myself out of it . So , instead of going to my doctors , I have been going to the local health department clinic by me . I still live at home (im 21 and am moving out for University in August) but right now I still live with my mom , and I don't want her to know about it so I went to the clinic instead of going to my doctor ( as I am on my mom's insurance plan with our doctor)

So my question is - does whether I go to a health clinic or weather I go to my doctors to get tested and treated for Trich and BV , yeast infection etc , different than the other ? Is one potentially better than the other ?

It may seem silly that I am not going to my doctors just because I don't want my Mom to know , but lets just say about the worse thing I have ever done is forget to put my seatbelt on a few times ,otherwise I'm a "good kid" , and if my mom hears about this , I just don't want her to freak out on me . I don't need that right now , so I'd rather deal with this issue that I brought upon myself independently .. and that is why I am going to the health clinic instead but I am hoping they are just as beneficial as if I went to my doctors instead .

Thanks !
I can't really speak about health clinics, I don't know where you are or what yours would be like. So can't recommend one over the other.

I am not sure how they would test you for BV, I know for trich it normally is a swab.
How is your condition now?...well it must have been hard as I also got C from some girl of recent. But mine was detected very fast as i felt inconviniences less than 10days after intercourse( with a girl lying she was tested &clean)...the dose will work but take lots of cranberry juice,it helps to flush out the bacteria too.....
Thanks Vance , I hear they test for BV the same way as trich but I don't know either ! Also , is there a reason I'd be experiencing gas and slight random itches that last for a few seconds and immedietly go away , accompanied with yellow discharge ? I am experiencing gas and the slight itching , and the yellow discharge still remains after 4 days shy of a month from since I first took the antibiotic , not sure if they're connected ?

And Bhood , Well , my issue is I have had yellow discharge since after taking the antibiotic , and I still have it , but now I don't think it's from the antibiotic because it's been almost a month , so if it were the antibiotic causing the discahrge im sure the discharge would have stopped by now .
So it could either be that the Chlamydia isnt cured , and i just didn't notice the yellow discharge before , or it could be from trich or BV , if the Chlamydia is cured .

As far as before taking the antibiotic , I don't know if I had yellow discharge before , and just didn't take notice to it .

But as far as symptoms for Chlamydia ,  I never had any as far as I knew . No cramps , no foul smell , no itching . So I don't know if the antibiotics worked or not , but I go in on Wednesday to get retested . And I also will get tested for trich and BV due to this yellow discharge and I feel some itching randomly now that I didn't have before I took the antibiotic .

Sorry to hear ! You gotta get them to show you the proof , and even if they show you the proof , they could have had sex and caught something after testing clean so might as well use condoms just incase !, and thanks for the advice ! However it's been almost a month after taking the dose , so I don't know if Cranberry juice will do much now , I hope the dose will work even without the cranberry juice !

I have another question not related to this topic:

I think it's been years now , but a while ago , I experienced pain while having bowel movements , and I would wipe and there would be blood , and one day the whole toilet was filled with blood so thats when I went to the doctors . It turns out I had a tear in my rectum , it's right at the opening , caused by straining too much . They gave me capsules to help the bowel movements come out softer so it would irritate the cut . I did it for a while .. But , I know the cut has never heeled because random times I will feel the pain again when Im using the bathroom . So ive gotten used to it . And today , I experienced blood after wiping and haven't exerpeienced that in quite sometime .

Is there a reason the cut isn't mending ? Can I put anything on it to make it mend ? I have had this tear for years now , and it won't go away !

Thank you !
I have also had some mild cramping accompanied with the gas , slight itching and discharge no idea if any of its relevant !
So a month and a few weeks ago I got tested , and was surprised to find I had Chlamydia .
I was given 1 dose of 1000g of Azithromycin to take 1 time only . I just got retested a week ago , and the results just came back saying I tested negative for Chlamydia .
Now how long does it take 1000 g of Azithromycin taken 1 time to get out of your system ? I tested 1 month after taking the antibiotic . So Im hoping the antibiotic didn't give me a false negative .
Im wondering , even though it says that I tested negative after taking the antibiotic if I should get retested 1 more time to make sure i really am negative for Chlamydia ? Or should I just stop worrying ?
Also , I took Flagyl 500 mg twice a day for 3 days and 1 dose the 4th day for BV/Trich but stopped because of side effects if I want to get retested for Chlamydia tomorrow , would the Flagyl still be in my system by tomorrow and effect the outcome of the results for my Chlamydia ?

And how common is a false negative for Chlamydia after taking Azithromycin ?

Thank you !
trying to find success stories of healing Chlamydia , to know if its easy to heal and to hear what did you do.
thank you!
I recently went to the doctors because I had contast water infections and thrush that wasn't go and they done a swab for chlamydia and come back I had it ! I'm on tablets twice a day for 8 days.. I'm only 17 and found out my boyfriend had cheated ... But since taking the antis I'm getting even more discharge than I had its browny but now turned a white/yellow is this the tablets?
Hello... my name is Scalo. So the symtoms (symptoms) can take 2 weeks again after treament?
Hello... so the symptoms treatment is normal huh? hoping u right bro... thanks.
Start a thread dedicated to your question and you will receive an answer.
I took a dose at the E.R for chylamida and I threw it up the first time and it was on a empty stomach so I went back and took another......and havent has sex for almost 3 weeks and im feeling itchy in my vag????
Heyy I'm going thru the same problem but I had to go back  again for doxycycline
Start a thread for your question and it will be answered.
Hi me and my girlfriend took 4 tablets of Azithromycin. But we've had sex 3-4 days after do you think we'll still have it. Thanks
Damn its 2013 people STDs Do exist.
I shouldn't be talking really, I got diagnosed with Chlamydia in the begging of July. They gave me azithromycin 1 gram to be exact. the Doctor told me I didn't need to come back. so I took it and I started my period early.
but my symptoms were so vague. I didn't have discharge I just felt ichy n gross I had back pain in my lower back, tiredness,after awhile my inner thigh started hurting when I walked.. finally pushed myself to get tested had chlamydia took the meds she told me I didn't need to come back to follow up. About a month later my back started hurting again! my bf gave my 1 more gram of azithromycin to clear it up. Its been a month again I see brown discharge still and I get light back pains.
I had surgery about a week ago and while I was in the hospital I asked them to check my cervix. the dr looked and did to swabs and he said I was crystal clear no yeast or b.v. no trich and chlamydia n gona test will come back in 24-48 they will call me if I had anything.But 3 days before I went in I drinked cranberry juice and to azo tablets....could I be possitve for clhamydia but the azo and cranberry make it comeback negative??
If you have a question start your own thread and it will be answered.
It really takes two weeks for all the symptoms to go away?
It can take up to 2 weeks.
Hello. I tested positive for chlamydia on sept 13. And I received the 4 pills called anzythromizing that same day plus a shot on my butt. It's been almost 3 weeks now and a couple days ago my symptoms came back. Cramps and brownish discharge. I have not had any type of sexual contact whatsoever. I go back go the clinic for a check up in a week. Is it possible that the mecs didn't work for me?
Please help!!!
***********************This thread is closed except to the original poster**********

All others please START YOUR OWN THREAD.
Is it normal if im still leakin a light yellow i already took my medication n im still freakin out tht it may have nt treated it i took it 2 days ago
START YOUR OWN THREAD
I tested for chlamydia and it turned out to be positive im super scared never had an std before im drinking the pills along with my husband but im scared to death that it stays in my system I've been having brown discharge and i wanted to know if it was normal or not
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP POSTING ON THIS THREAD?
READ WHAT I WROTE...START YOUR OWN THREAD!!!
So my boyfriend got treated for chlamydia but he still as red on the top side if his penis he went to the doctor about 2 weeks now they gave him the dose and the shout why isn't the redness going away?
Anyone heard of the heart side effects for the z pack powder 1 gram I'm so scared to take it but I need the infection gone help!!!
Does it mean my antibiotics for chlamydia isnt working because i took it two weeks ago and im havin lower stomach pains and burning. I took the single dose zithromax. Please help
I got both chlamydia and gonerrhea together I got one side of antibiotics from my doctor 7 days ago  and was told to come back in 3 weeks ,I saw a small amount of yellow discharge today does that mean the antibiotics didn't work?
Thanks for reading what I wrote and still posting here. PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD
Last Friday I took the 4 pills for Chlamydia. In two days starting feeling much better, however still feel itchy in my groin area. Have two days to go before a full week has passed. The doc did allow a refill of the Azith just in case.
Should I go ahead and take it on Friday?
Hi everyone -

Please create your own thread by posting on the orange "Post Question" at the top of the community, and create your own posts.

Thanks!

Emily
This discussion was closed by MedHelp moderators.