Chlamydia Community
How long does Azithromycin take to cure chlamydia???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I read a answer on here that Azithromycin cures chlamydia in 2-3 days..but doctors tell patients to wait 7days just to be safe.Well can someone tell me if thats true or not?Because I had 1 dose of Azithromycin n i had sex within 4days of the 7day wait..I want to Know was my chlamydia cured by then
It might have been, but because it can take longer to cure than 2-3 days in some people, docs suggest waiting the full 7 days.

Even in the prescribing info in zithromax, it says that it can be working for 7 days.

Did you have sex with the same person?  If you did, you both should be retreated to be safe.

I'd call your doc and let them know you had sex, and see what they say.  Personally, and its just my opinion for me, I'd want to be retreated if I had sex with the same person.

If you had sex with a different partner, you should tell your partner so he/she can get tested and treated.

Aj
No it was the same person..n we both were treated for it but didnt wait 7days..but i think i might just get retreated again
That's a good idea, and your partner should be retreated before you have sex again.

AJ
i crushed up 4 azithromycin and put it in my milk because i cant take pills. is it still affective?
is the medicine over the counter?
i took zithromycin to cure chlamydia.  the doctor gave me the pill at 2 in the afternoon, at 11 that nite i started drinking alcohol and thru up at 2 am.  will the that stop the meds from working properly?
i find azithromycin doesnt work for chlamydia for some people sometimes. if its not effective the doctor will try to give you another kind of antibiotic. To BE SURE you have to asked for a retest for chlamydia so you will find out if your infection was treated or you were re infected again.. to be safe.... its better to have a follow up check up after medication so the doctor will give you a green light. before having sex
i took one tablet of azithromycin 500mg could that cure my chlamydia?
Start a new thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered.
i took  doxy for 7 days twice a day and had to go back to the doctor bcuz the pain was so bad the tested me again and it came back positve for chlamydia  she gave me azithromycin 250 4 pills one dose today is day 3 and i still have pain ths is so fraustrating its driving me insane i also just got my period and have horrible cramps dont know if thats whats causing the pain so badly but i just want this out of my body never again will i get drunk and have unprotected sex worst experience of my life !!
Im on the bcp. I was given a zpack to treat my chlamydia. The doctor told me no sex for a week but didnt say anything about my bcp being less effective. 12 days after my treatment (2-26-12) my bf nd i had sex and he came insidw of me. I had just started a new pack of my bcp which means i only had 6 pills in my system. Could i be pregnant??
Doc gave me 2 prescriptions of 500mg azithromycin. Do I take both prescriptions or 1? Doc never told me what to do. I'm 9 weeks pregnant.
It takes 7 full days i took 4 250mg pills. but my bestfriend was effected and so was her boyfriend and they had sex the same day they took the pill unprotected and were not reinfected i think the pill stops the spread also