Chlamydia Community
How long does it take for azithromycin to clear up chlamydia?

This is a patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Last Friday I took azithromycin to clear up a possible case of chlamydia. I say possible because although my test results hadn't came back, I showed possible symptoms and my doctor chose to go ahead and give me the treatment just in case. She also gave me metronidazole to take for a week to clear up any other possible infections.
My question is, I took the azithromycin Friday morning. Tuesday night I had unprotected anal sex. My concern is, if I did in fact have chlamydia, what are the chances I passed it to my partner?
I've heard that azithromycin can clear chlamydia up in two to three days and I've heard it can take up to a week.
At the time I had sex, it had been close to five days. At this point, I don't even have my test results back so hopefully I don't have it to begin with, but I'm just anxious and waiting... so, help?
It can take up to the 7 days to work, so its possible that you might have spread it to your partner, and if your partner has it and hasn't been treated, he/she might have re-infected you.

Aj
Avatar n tn
i tested positive for chlamydia on Sunday and was giving the one day treatment can i go bk on Monday  six days later and be retested would my test come back negative?
Please start a thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered.
My husband and I took azithromycin (2 pills, one time). Although, I took it one day before he did. And so the wait--7 days. Except my husband and I had a "slip" 5 days into it. 4 days for him. I'm worried we're back at having chlamydia again.

The best thing for you to do to make sure is to get tested again. That's what I'm going to do.

And you should go tell him, he deserves to know. He'll prolly not like you anymore for it, but at least you're doing him good. In the future, he'll think about being safe first. And you can be guilt-free once he knows and you can go take care of yourself too. You never know he might've passed something to you too. ;-; Tell me what happens!
After taking azithromycin for chlamydia. I had sex  a week and 3 days later and had light bleeding during sex. Is this normal after being treated?
My partner and I were  given Azithromycin take all four pills at once. How long will it take to cure chlamydia and also I had no symptoms before I was diagnosed so should I go back and get tested?
Start your own thread please.