Chlamydia Community
How long does it take to get rid of chlamydia?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long does it take to get rid of chlamydia?

Hello my name is Robert and I have been told by my doctor that I have chlamydia from receiving oral without a condom. I am wondering how long it will take to get rid of it with a strong prescription? The doctor told me about a week and he told me that chlamydia is not a big problem if treated right away...is this true? So far I have only had small amounts of a clearish white discharge and one drop of a yellow discharge this morning and then it stopped for a while. I have been feeling no pain when I urinate and my testicles have no felt swollen or in pain. I was infected a few nights ago...so have the painful symptoms just not shown up yet? Do the prescriptions used to cure chlamydia have any strong side effects like does the medication make your stomach feel cramps, discomfort, does it make you feel dizzy or light of breath? I have also been battling a sinus infection for about a month now, but I am currently not taking any medication for my sinus infection. Will taking the prescription for chlamydia help fight off the sinus infection at all? I am guessing that it will only fight off the chlamydia, but I am not a doctor so I have no idea. Are there any doctors on here that could please help me?